RidgeTop's Alien & Predator Photography

Started by RidgeTop, Jun 24, 2020, 10:12:39 PM

Author
RidgeTop's Alien & Predator Photography (Read 12,097 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Hey all,

to keep myself practiced during the lockdown, I've been shooting various collectible photo sets from each film. I've just completed Covenant and now I'll be moving on to the AVP movies. Feedback is always appreciated, hopy you enjoy.

Alien:

Mafex Big Chap Figure by Medicom Toys

Aliens:

Kotobukiya Alien Warrior Drone ArtFX+ Statue

AlienĀ³:

Eaglemoss Mega Xenomorph Runner

Alien Resurrection:

Eaglemoss Alien Resurrection Mini Statues

Prometheus:

Eaglemoss Prometheus Mini Statues

Alien Covenant:

Hiya Toys Alien Covenant Figures

Immortan Jonesy

The skull has never looked so cool. Lighting is your art.  :o

Keep it up!

RidgeTop

Thanks much!

Yeah they did get the skull looking nice on the Mafex Big Chap.

Immortan Jonesy

Actually all the pictures looks great. I got a cinematic vibe. I also like the underwater Aliens and the Neos. Can't wait for the AVP collectible photography.  8)

Corporal Hicks

As much as I tend to dislike the Eaglemoss stuff, those Resurrection shots look pretty f**king sweet!

Nukiemorph

Finally a thread. I've been really enjoying these on Twitter. The lighting is fantastic.

Voodoo Magic

Very nice!!

And Eaglemoss has never looked so good!

Hoping there's a Predator in your collection waiting in the wings!

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 25, 2020, 09:44:26 PM
Very nice!!

And Eaglemoss has never looked so good!

Hoping there's a Predator in your collection waiting in the wings!

Thanks!

AVP is next and then it'll be all Predator for four sets after those.

Voodoo Magic

Excellent!!

SpaceKase

Holy crap, these are so good Ridge!

j0nesy

j0nesy

awesome work! think my favorite is the xeno in front of david's drawings

Darkness

These are great, especially like the brownish backgrounds. Are all the backgrounds photoshopped?

I still haven't got a Big Chap figure. I meant to get Kotobukiya's version but it's going for crazy amounts now on ebay.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 26, 2020, 05:46:22 PM
These are great, especially like the brownish backgrounds. Are all the backgrounds photoshopped?

I still haven't got a Big Chap figure. I meant to get Kotobukiya's version but it's going for crazy amounts now on ebay.

Thanks, D!

I've done color and exposure editing but none of the backgrounds are photoshopped. The only images with non-practical backgrounds are the Deacon, Trilobite, and Fifield, where I used my computer screen as the background. For the Deacon and Trilobite, they're screenshots I took in Colonial Marines just for background ambience, and Fifield is just a royalty free fire image.

Yeah the Kotobukiya Big Chap is great, still my favorite one that I own. Here's a few shots I've taken of that figure last year:

Like you said, it is unfortunately getting expensive and difficult to find, but I really love the more recent Mafex one as well. Probably my 2nd favorite Big Chap and the best one with articulation.

Darkness

I have thought about making my own sort of diorama backgrounds. The platforms that came with Kotobukiya is great. I just wish I could get more of it.

I thought about just getting NECA's 40th Anniversary Big Chap.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Kotobukiya really did make a nice set, and the tile/wall panel configuration options that were included were pretty sweet. Also did a few shots of the other ones from them:

Still hoping they eventually do some Predators or ADI-style Aliens.

NECA seems to be doing some interesting new releases with their ultimate figures, I've been starting to warm back up to their offerings... a little.

You should definitely give some custom dioramas a try, would be cool to see what you come up with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed