Alien 5: Will it ever happen?

Started by Darkness, Jul 23, 2008, 08:52:08 PM

Author
Alien 5: Will it ever happen? (Read 16,477 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s another interesting article on Den of Geek where they’ve analysed the past several years and attempt to answer whether or not Alien 5 will ever be made.

“And yet that hasn't stopped speculation, rumour, and occasional hints of substance from circulating. Because Alien 5, ideally, would see either Ridley Scott or James Cameron returning to the series. It could explore the alien homeworld. It could see an alien visit Earth (done properly, although Sigourney Weaver in particular isn't keen). There's so much of the backstory of these creatures that's not been explored, and plenty of places the franchise could go.”

It’s a very good article even if it’s just fan speculation. They mention towards the end that a Ripley-less movie is a potential direction for the franchise to go. That it could be a prequel of sorts. That’s been my preference too for many years. Thanks to Darkoo for the news.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Highly doubtful for me, I just don't think it will happen

Chris P

Chris P

Would they just shut up and go for it?!?!?!!?  I mean, it isn't like they don't have money to spare!  We are in need of a descent sci-fi film for the upcoming year.  I say, they should bite the bullet, and crank out the good stuff.  Take risks, that is how things come to be!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What makes the interviewee think people want the homeworld explored?

avpmad!

avpmad!

if they go to the alien homeworld the film would be over in 30 minutes...  everyone would die

marrerom

marrerom

alien 5 will happen. there's no stopping it!

Sulaco

Sulaco

They'll make A5 good or bad is the question. Terminator Salvation got a 150mil+ budget. Wake up fox!!!

Rudy Ripley

Rudy Ripley

:)    I think ShadowPred that i don't need to see a Alien 5 at all. Because your right I don't think that it will happen. And  I already read Aliens Original Sin and it explains everything. Sig. Weaver said it's not going to happen at all, Of all the AVP franchise  is right now in place and it's planning from StrauseBros. will make a new AVP 3 instead Alien 5. Let me tell you this,AVP and AVP 2 is A L I E N 5 and A L I E N 6, and Predator 3 and 4. "Your Call"

chris

chris

i`m praying every day to see this movie soon with no brothers Strauss involvement  Scott or Cameron or ... Both

chris

chris

Scott & Cameron would be a Dream Team    ::)  

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Does Termiantor Salvation seriously have a 150 mil budget?!! The domestic take of T3 didn't even reach that... i believe it peaked somethere between 145 mil + there. The film isn't likely to do that well either... an Arnold-less Terminator will be a very tough sell.  As for Alien 5... i thought it was a good article but i doubt an Alien 5 will ever happen. Do we really want an Alien 5 anyway? It wouldn't ever live up to anyone's expectations for it + really, who outside of the core fanbase would be interested in seeing it? There doesn't seem like a large enough fan base for Fox to sink the money into it they would need to, espec since Weaver prob wouldn't sign for anything under 20 million.

Sulaco

Sulaco

150 mil budget for T4... Christian Bale and planning a new trilogy, post apocolyptic. Sounds like they're totally starting over. Just as they need to do with A5.

Mark

Mark

Well if they made a profit from AVP which in my opinion where mediocre then you would think that same audience would want to see Alien5 and all the adults who loved Alien and Aliens would go if Ridley Scott or James Cameron were doing it.(well i would)  The first movie didn't cost that much and if Weaver  doesn't want to be in it because she is strapped for cash(hardly) then then she can get a job somewhere else and they can make it without her.  To me the movie can be still as good without her.  Why not make it before she was born?There are endless options.Get hicks back and Newt i am sure they would be up for it!  Iloved the atmosphere of those movies and you don't need big bucks to achieve that.

awesomeman

awesomeman

Alien 5 will happen. No one can take this hope I have away from me.Don't try to change my mind. Alien 5 WILL happen!!   ;D  

Ash 937

Ash 937

How many of you thought there would be another Alien film after you saw Alien 3?  Did anyone think Ripley would return?  Anything can happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed