ComicbookGirl Interviews Lance Henriksen

Started by RakaiThwei, Sep 11, 2014, 02:56:25 AM

Author
ComicbookGirl Interviews Lance Henriksen (Read 40,687 times)

potato

potato

Is it just me or is she very attractive .____.

SM

QuoteThen why did you bring up the fact that it was being decommissioned in the first place?

As an aside.  No need to make things up.

QuoteNot important, really; as Xenomorphine says, we NEVER see the Prometheus's technology anywhere in the Alien series, not even on the Sulaco either.

Again nothing to do with Ridley.

predxeno

It has everything to do with Ridley, he is clearly not being consistent with the Alien universe like you claim.

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 07:31:26 AM
To be fair, there was enough waffling back and forth early on in production as to whether or not Prometheus should be an Alien prequel (and to what degree) that one could argue that that was essentially the case. :P
It started as a straight prequel script. The Alien connection was always there. This wasn't a Die Hard sequel :P

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 10:19:16 PM
It has everything to do with Ridley, he is clearly not being consistent with the Alien universe like you claim.
Why would the Sulaco need holographic maps in the three or four rooms we see of it?

predxeno

I don't know, why would government agencies need DVD players when they can simply rely on VHS?  Why would war rooms need HD screens when they can settle for SD screens?  It's called technological evolution, when new technologies come up, people use those instead if the things that originated over 57 years ago.

SiL

The question is why would you have a holographic screen in a mess hall. Or a locker room. Or in a garage. Etc. Just because technology exists doesn't mean it needs, or is going, to be ubiquitous.

Also, some missile silos in America still use 8" floppy discs. No, I'm not making that up.

predxeno

Look around you, how many of your friends still use VHS tapes or any tech over half a decade old?  Where are those flying mapping balls as well?  Those would have been VERY useful in Alien and Aliens.

Xenomrph

SiL do you use MSN Messenger anymore?

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 10:43:41 PM
Look around you, how many of your friends still use VHS tapes or any tech over half a decade old?
How many of your friends have a 3DTV with a 3D Blu-Ray player hooked up in their bathroom? That's the point you're adamantly trying to ignore.

QuoteWhere are those flying mapping balls as well?  Those would have been VERY useful in Alien and Aliens.
Fifield designed them. Fifield died.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 10:49:47 PM
SiL do you use MSN Messenger anymore?
Nope, I'm on Skype these days.

Shasvre

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 11, 2014, 02:56:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_GWJ1qbSf0#ws

In this special edition, Actor, Artist, Lance Henriksen comes on the show to talk about his film career including his newest project, Harbinger Down. Lance also talks about his Comic Book and his Pottery Art.

Kind of surprised she didn't discuss Alien vs. Predator with Lance, considering he played a particularly big part in the movie but I am somewhat more surprised she chose to speak to him about Prometheus,  a film he had nothing to do with.
Watched this earlier today. I haven't really cared all that much for her work before, but this was great fun. :)

Xenomrph

Oh hey, I use skype too (sometimes). Find me on there, I'm "Xenomrph".

predxeno

There's a difference regarding 3D TVs and Prometheus tech; those are still new so no one has them but the Prometheus tech has been around for over 57 years, 257 if you include A:R, yet neither the Sulaco nor the Auriga have it.

Also, even though Fifield invented the mapping balls, it didn't stop Wey-Yu from using them in A:CM and they utilize the exact same weapons and technology as the colonial marines.

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 11:03:29 PM
There's a difference regarding 3D TVs and Prometheus tech; those are still new so no one has them but the Prometheus tech has been around for over 57 years, 257 if you include A:R, yet neither the Sulaco nor the Auriga have it.
Okay. How many people do you know with old TVs and VHS players hooked up into them in their bathroom.

QuoteAlso, even though Fifield invented the mapping balls, it didn't stop Wey-Yu from using them in A:CM and they utilize the exact same weapons and technology as the colonial marines.
That's A:CM's fault for not paying attention, not Ridley's.

predxeno

That's my point, no one uses outdated technology.

Also, it is NOT A:CM's fault for following the standard Prometheus set; Scott essentially said Blu-Ray technology preceded VHS, this is his fault.  Are you going to blame Alien: Isolation as well for following in Alien's footsteps rather than Prometheus's?

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 11:41:53 PM
That's my point, no one uses outdated technology.
You really, really aren't getting this, are you?

One, I sent a link to a missile silo that uses 8" floppies. In 2014. Goodbye "No-one uses old tech".

Two, you said the Sulaco should have had it, but we see very little of the Sulaco in the film, and the rooms we do see don't make sense to have Prometheus-like technology in them. We see locker rooms, hangar bays, etc. Even the Prometheus didn't have fancy tech in those places.

QuoteAlso, it is NOT A:CM's fault for following the standard Prometheus set
It IS A:CM's fault for not paying attention that the "pups" were Fifield's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed