What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 24,933 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 24, 2019, 12:00:47 AM
Are you all forgetting that it started with me making a favorable comparison of the two?

Wasn't thinking about you don't worry  ;)

Kradan

PredKiller ... No, seriously, can you imagine more suitable ending for such crazy messy movie? I think it fits movie perfectly (IMO). It's like cherry on the top of cake covered by ton of delicious cream. And it's at least not Ripley/ Newt ending.

Also i kinda like the design of the suit. Especially these big shoulder canons

[cancerblack]

Really cannot agree with you there.

Master Chief

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 29, 2019, 06:01:28 AM
PredKiller ... No, seriously, can you imagine more suitable ending for such crazy messy movie? I think it fits movie perfectly (IMO). It's like cherry on the top of cake covered by ton of delicious cream. And it's at least not Ripley/ Newt ending.

Unfortunately, I cannot agree you on this, either. I'm glad you liked it, though. That's what this thread is all about!

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 29, 2019, 06:01:28 AM

I think a redesign is necessary for it to show up again (but given the nature of the suit that shouldn't be a problem) but yeah I didn't think it was that out of place. The framing of the scene was weird but the Predator Killer itself I thought was fine. It's long established the Predator have gear that's ridiculously outfitted and so that's more than welcome in the franchise. Given that the monitors also show Upgrade in relation to the pod itself among everything else in the film, I'm more than willing to believe that it belonged to Upgrade.

The Old One

The Old One

The suit is a garbage design and a garbage concept.

BigDaddyJohn

Agreed. Please don't re-use that thing in future movies.

[cancerblack]

Wouldn't really be mad about Predators in power armour at some point, but man am I mad about that specific take on the idea.

Master Chief

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 02, 2019, 08:20:20 PM
Wouldn't really be mad about Predators in power armour at some point, but man am I mad about that specific take on the idea.
Other than war, I don't see why a predator would need it.

Also, I'm really glad the pit bull lived.

Wysps

Quote from: Master Chief on May 03, 2019, 02:59:08 PM

Probably the one part of the movie I appreciated the most.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Master Chief on May 03, 2019, 02:59:08 PM

That's what I was thinking. Which I don't want to see in a movie anyway. Now, in an animated anthology series...

viendammage

viendammage

Saw it twice in theaters and enjoyed it both times. Bought it on blu ray, enjoyed it then. Watching it on HBO Now, still enjoying it! It does suffer from a leading man that is no Arnold or Danny. But the Loonies are funny and well cast. The action is varied with space ships, gun fights, Predator on Predator crime.
I know some don't like the amount of humor but I dig it. The original and P2 were quite funny on purpose in parts. Also liked how it took the Predator mythos in a different direction with the hybrid and global warming aspects.
I would love to see the original third act with APC and more Predators in the mix.
Still rank them Predator, 2, The Predator , Predators, AVP and Requiem.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: viendammage on May 06, 2019, 04:36:18 AM
Saw it twice in theaters and enjoyed it both times. Bought it on blu ray, enjoyed it then. Watching it on HBO Now, still enjoying it! It did does suffer from a leading man that is no Arnold or Danny.

To me, where Alien works best is when the human characters are normal, grounded regular men and women.  But Predator works best when the humans are opposite of that, i.e. more exaggerated, larger than life, comic book like characters. Unfortunately, the powers that be do not seem to recognize this and the Predator franchise started going off track with Royce and most of his "team" in Predators, and then even further off the road with the Loonies in my opinion.

But as a Predator fan, I still can find some enjoyment watching it. :)

Kradan

Saw it twice in theaters and enjoyed it both times. Bought it on blu ray, enjoyed it then. Watching it on HBO Now, still enjoying it!

YEAH!

I rewatched it probably half a dozen times now and cannot help but enjoy it more and more every watching. I dig insanity of it.

viendammage

Quote from: Kradan on May 07, 2019, 09:57:05 PM
Saw it twice in theaters and enjoyed it both times. Bought it on blu ray, enjoyed it then. Watching it on HBO Now, still enjoying it!

YEAH!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/245826480fea533a562a76113a1ab347/tenor.gif?itemid=12138758

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ae39eb35cf665dd37b644ad9903b0dd9/tumblr_paxz5rcMvI1x5540co5_500.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/HhTXt43pk1I1W/200.gif

I rewatched it probably half a dozen times now and cannot help but enjoy it more and more every watching. I dig insanity of it.

Predator shake! Like Aquaman, I like the fact they went for it even if they didn't stick the landing. Watching it again I was really struck by the humor and gore. It's just an easy film to put on as it doesn't linger anywhere too long.

Would have loved to see Arnold come out as the Predator Killer but would have been a waste. Now time to write a small Predator story with Old Man Dutch coming face to face again w a creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed