Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 10, 2020, 12:24:36 PM

Author
Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport (Read 8,849 times)

SiL

After a while you can.

See also, Marvel really not giving a shit if you don't understand a scene because you didn't see one of the last six movies.

SM

They generally tell a self contained story though that doesn't mean you have to have watched everything else. At some point in an Alien flick some one has to explain how the life cycle works and the sooner the better.

Even when they made Alien 3 they had to keep adding stuff to explain where the Alien came from, based on audience feedback.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 21, 2020, 10:31:04 AM
I don't think it necessarily think standalone means we have to be picking up with them at the start of something where we're ahead of them. Standalones can pick up the situation on the run so we can avoid the dull part where the characters catch up to us.

Agreed. While I think there's still creative ways you can continue with the protagonists being less informed than the audience, this path can absolutely work too, while still informing new audience what's going on.  Colonial Marines are in firefight. Booms and Ratatatats aplenty.  Weird spider-hand-like creature jumps on one of the Marines' faces. New audience member wonders what's up with that? Marine yells "HE'S BEING IMPREGNATED!!" Eww, okay I get it. A simplistic example of using brief explanations through dialogue without bogging down with life cycle explanations that fans know it a million times over.

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

I'm not sure if Watson would be the right choice. Winona Ryder felt off before and now her? Maybe it's just me, but she's too small and looks too young, like 19? Can't believe she is 30 already.  :-\

Just pick Brienne of f :-X :-X :-X Tarth.

SM

If you're going to recast - do something different.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed