Female Predators, and some things about them I want to address *pretty long*

Started by DUB1, Jun 25, 2011, 11:12:24 AM

Author
Female Predators, and some things about them I want to address *pretty long* (Read 17,866 times)

samoht

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 28, 2011, 01:40:00 AM
Has anyone ever considered that the hunters are only a small portion of their race? Like men on safari? I know EU claims their entire race revolves around the hunt, but the movies never explicitly show this.

I have thought the exact same thing.

They can't all be god damn hunters. Who's gonna build their spaceships? Who's gonna build their furniture? Who do they see for their dental hygene?

I wanna see a predator that works in a glue factory.

Pn2501

Quote from: samoht on Jun 29, 2011, 01:08:43 AM

Your next drawing.

samoht

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 29, 2011, 01:11:00 AM

Your next drawing.

I'll get working then

The PredBen

Predator society is a total mystery. Not counting EU material, we know almost nothing, even putting the AVP's into perspective. All we know is that hunting is (at least it appears to be) highly valued. And that they are organized into clans or similar style groups. Beyond that we don't really know anything.

Personally - I don't believe every Predator hunts - how could they have progressed to such an advanced level? Unless technology was deliberately made for them by some higher species for whatever purpose.

LadyZero

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 27, 2011, 09:42:58 PM
Now, just three questions for the people here out of pure curiousity. First, if female Predators were to actually appear on screen (assuming every Predators we've seen were male), how large and tall do you think they should be compared to the males?

Second question, if any or all of the previous Predators were revealed to be female, what would be your reaction?

Final question, if Predators do have male and female genders, then should they also have various sexual orientations, such as homosexuality? If gay Predators existed, do you think they'd hunt?

Just out of curiousity I'm asking this, like I said.

Two days too late but...

1) I think they'd be smaller and not as flashy. That applies to lots of species so why should they be any different? Although in our species it's us females who seem to preen and want to look flashy... hm. Maybe they'd be smaller but more vicious because they had to protect their babies.

2) Well, there go MY fantasies...  :P No seriously though, I probably wouldn't mind. I'd probably be more like 'Awesome! Girl Power!'. Or not, seeing as that's so 1998.

3) Fanfiction dot net. Gay predators exist there. I think they WOULD hunt, and I think they'd be utterly fabulous about it.

It'd be brilliant if someone wrote a hypothetical society and gender role construct for them. I think it would be fascinating because you could explore different aspects of tribal cultures, draw on what we know of hunter-gatherers etc etc. Wow. That would be... really awesome.

ridetofight

the predator physiology is based off that of a human - it might have different skin colors or texture, and a different head, but from the neck down, it is almost identical to a human - even the same number of fingers and same proportions. no other creature on our earth (or that we can refer to) exhibits the same kind of bipedal nature, muscle structure, and proportions. i think its a pretty good arguement that the male predator doesn't have nipples, so the females wouldn't have boobs, but what anatomical neccessity do human males possess nipples for anyway?

i think we're overlooking one simple fact - the predator body, sans the head, is more closely related to human physiology at its core, than any other animal we can think of. i say "let them have their predators, and their boobs, too".

LadyZero

Quote from: ridetofight on Jul 01, 2011, 04:14:40 PM
i think its a pretty good arguement that the male predator doesn't have nipples, so the females wouldn't have boobs, but what anatomical neccessity do human males possess nipples for anyway?

i think we're overlooking one simple fact - the predator body, sans the head, is more closely related to human physiology at its core, than any other animal we can think of. i say "let them have their predators, and their boobs, too".

Men have nipples because it's some kind of genetic default, as I understand it - we inherit copies of one gene from our ma and one from our pa, therefore we're a combination of traits from both parents and evolution is lazy, so males haven't yet stopped developing them. There's no reason for them TO have them but no reason for them NOT to have them either. Sooo... if we go by that logic, can we safely assume a lack of nipples (venomous or otherwise) in the Predator race? Their genetic default is no nips.

This doesn't necessarily mean Lack Of Boobs, though.

/cannot believe I am discussing boobs and nipples with a bunch of men I have never met/

:P

Huol

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 28, 2011, 01:40:00 AM
Has anyone ever considered that the hunters are only a small portion of their race? Like men on safari? I know EU claims their entire race revolves around the hunt, but the movies never explicitly show this.

I have thought the exact same thing.

They can't all be god damn hunters. Who's gonna build their spaceships? Who's gonna build their furniture? Who do they see for their dental hygene?

Finally an opportunity to repost this!

Signore Predatore

They say that female predators are bigger and stronger than male predators (Awkward  ???) so I guess they probably hunt or the males hunt and the females care for there young offspring.

Ghostface

My guess is if the females are bigger, they probably slap the males around and make them go hunt while they kick it at home. They probably send the males out to pick up some groceries and the washing too. That would explain the Preds bad attitude. Happy wife happy life.

chupacabras acheronsis

i think that making shit up to have predators be more interesting from any angle but the hunter one is missing the point big time.

what is wrong with them being similar to us in their biology? aren't they already? why does it matter if in the end they're still going to be the same? why the need for a convoluted, complicated, unpractical and unlikely reproduction system when they have clearly gone through an uncanny similar evolutionary path to ours? Venom bags? really?

i think we should just stop projecting our own interpretations(and insecurities) of the predator race into them and disguise them with bullshit reasoning and make some friggin' sense.

Spoiler
you should all be ashamed of yourselves
[close]

bobcunk

Maybe there ate no Male or female and they self impregnate or still they still mate but both get pregnant. There could be several genders aswell and they need mate 3 or more at a time, xx,xy and x?

Samhain13

Quote from: bobcunk on Nov 28, 2022, 10:59:44 PMMaybe there ate no Male or female and they self impregnate or still they still mate but both get pregnant. There could be several genders aswell and they need mate 3 or more at a time, xx,xy and x?

Nah Males and Females only as Predator: Hunting Grounds showed.

dnicholson277

Why would humans be able to differentiate the Predator species sexes?

Less is more so I'd rather they didn't define them as male or female.

Wweyland

I liked when the females were mysterious, legendary, and there were only a few known females.
Now they are all over the place, especially after AvP: Ultimate Prey and Predator: Eyes of the Demon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed