David Fincher

Started by Taxemic, Jan 25, 2013, 06:26:27 PM

Author
David Fincher (Read 2,104 times)

Taxemic

Taxemic

I've recently watched the Blu-ray of Alien3. I'm sure Fincher introduced the film in the Quadrilogy, but doesn't in the new Blu-ray sets. Nor does he appear to be on the commentary. Anybody know why?

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

He would not, could not on the DVD. He could not, would not on the Blu.

He can't stand Twentieth Century Fox my friend. He will never talk of Alien 3 again.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Serious? I never knew it was that bad. I must have convinced myself I'd seen him introduce Alien3 somewhere. I found it a shame after watching the commentaries of both previous films. Nevermind.  :(

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jan 25, 2013, 07:04:20 PM
He can't stand Twentieth Century Fox my friend.
Uhm... Fight Club?

SM

SM

He got over it.

He was approached but just isn't interested in revisiting Alien3.  CdL supervised the AC.

MichaelMyers

MichaelMyers

He and them had quite a fallout with how they treated him making it and he was the only one to not take part on either the Quad or the Anthology (hence the workprint). Shame too because I can see him doing a great cut with no interference

stephen

stephen

Man knows how to hold a grudge.  It was 20 years ago.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: stephen on Feb 13, 2013, 03:52:38 AM
Man knows how to hold a grudge.  It was 20 years ago.

I don't think its so much holding a grudge as it is dissociating himself from what he considered to be an unpleasant experience.

stephen

stephen

Yes I know.  My point was that it was 20 years ago and he still doesn't want anything to do with it.  20 years is such a long time.

I have no doubt that it was a terrible experience for him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed