Does the Alien Anthology have everything in The Alien Saga DVD disc?

Started by predxeno, Dec 14, 2011, 12:35:23 AM

Author
Does the Alien Anthology have everything in The Alien Saga DVD disc? (Read 6,779 times)

Gash

Quote from: Cvalda on May 19, 2012, 05:41:19 AM
Quote from: Gash on May 19, 2012, 04:34:41 AM
So, I want to buy ALIEN on blu ray. Does the single release have everything that's been on the DVD versions over the years? I really don't want any of the other films post 1979.
Nope. It only has the commentaries and isolated scores. You want the extras, you have to get the Anthology set.

Ok, thanks. Next question then: is there an extras disc for each film or are all the extras for all the films on on one supplementary disc? And, is there anything on the blu-ray Anthology set for, specifically ALIEN, that isn't on either the 1999 or 2003 DVD releases?

SM

Extras are on two disks.  Docos and enhancement pods on disk 5.   Photo galleries and scripts and other stuff on disk 6.  The enhancement pods are extended interviews from the CdL docos from 2003.  Extra 45-60 minutes per film.

LarsVader

Quote from: Gash on May 19, 2012, 08:12:24 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 19, 2012, 05:41:19 AM
Quote from: Gash on May 19, 2012, 04:34:41 AM
So, I want to buy ALIEN on blu ray. Does the single release have everything that's been on the DVD versions over the years? I really don't want any of the other films post 1979.
Nope. It only has the commentaries and isolated scores. You want the extras, you have to get the Anthology set.

Ok, thanks. Next question then: is there an extras disc for each film or are all the extras for all the films on on one supplementary disc? And, is there anything on the blu-ray Anthology set for, specifically ALIEN, that isn't on either the 1999 or 2003 DVD releases?
Don't own it, but as far as I understood from the review all the stills, concepst and ridleygrams are in a much higher resolution, since the ones on the quadro are in my opinion almost unwatchable.
And it claims that hundreds of ridleygrams weren't accessible on the quadro because of an dvd authoring error.
Many of the extras have enhanced aspect ratios, new stuff from Giger and something about the influences from Dune, Kane's original cast actor speaks and a "data-stream" through the movie with trivia.
Thats all I catched from the review.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed