Started by Mala'kak, May 10, 2020, 07:23:00 PM

Author
Predator ship (Read 2,010 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I guess he didn't realize how inaccurate it was. :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think he said something to the effect it would be hard if not impossible to replicate the painting with a real world model.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's not like the sins are egregious...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I dunno man, the matte painting makes the NECA model look like warped plastic, the big central vent in in the wrong place, size, and angle and it's really obvious. If they'd gotten that right I'd almost be willing to give a pass on the rest being wrong.

Has NECA addressed the inaccuracies?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 12, 2020, 07:40:51 PM
I think he said something to the effect it would be hard if not impossible to replicate the painting with a real world model.

When I interviewed Mark for this article, he didn't even know the Cinemachines replica existed. I subsequently overloaded him with images - needless to say he was pretty thrilled with it.  :)

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 13, 2020, 04:47:56 PM
I dunno man, the matte painting makes the NECA model look like warped plastic, the big central vent in in the wrong place, size, and angle and it's really obvious. If they'd gotten that right I'd almost be willing to give a pass on the rest being wrong.

Has NECA addressed the inaccuracies?

Was there even a call for it to be addressed? I remember the reviews were all pretty complimentary. Look if I paid $100 for it and it was a foot long, I'd be annoyed too and standing with you shoulder-to-shoulder. But for its size, it being designed based on one shot in the movie and the low $15 I shelled out for it, I'm more than okay with it. If not, I'd be ripping Neca and Eaglemoss too.

426Buddy

426Buddy

pretty close imo

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hey I'm not saying you're not allowed to like it, I just personally get annoyed by dumb, avoidable mistakes. I'd maybe buy it too for $15, but not for the $30 asking price or whatever it was.

molasar

molasar

A little bit off topic here but I have always liked this AvP comic inspired spaceship made by Galoob.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've got that, it's pretty fun.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Also exceedingly rare and goes for a fortune when it pops up anywhere.  :laugh:

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I should have bought it back in 2003 or so when it still was somewhat affordable...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed