Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 192,974 times)

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't have thought he got in trouble. It wasn't as if he shared any specifics - just a bit of a progress report.

overthere

overthere

So the Predator vs military story is confirmed?

Corporal Hicks

No... ?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 08:40:30 AM
I wouldn't have thought he got in trouble. It wasn't as if he shared any specifics - just a bit of a progress report.
But apparently, that was enough for him to get into some kind of conversation with the Studio, which led to the result of him to stop posting some progress. Since then, he basically only shared News that were posted on other sites of the Predator movie page on facebook.

Corporal Hicks

I think it would have just led to an awareness that folk are watching his page so he needs to be careful about what he posts.

Johnny Handsome

There is an Interview coming up on Hitfix with Black, they say they talk about Predator. It goes online today so keep an eye out.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks. Will keep an eye out.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I hope to hear things which I hope I'll like.

Corporal Hicks

They lied to us!  :'(

Johnny Handsome

Yeah, they didn't upload it yet, they say they are still cutting the Shane Black Interview so it should be coming soon though.

Hopefully we get some new info so it's worth the wait.

Corporal Hicks

Lol I must have woke up every hour last night to check  :laugh: I hope it's a nice juicy one.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.hitfix.com/news/can-a-genre-title-like-predator-work-as-an-event-sized-blockbuster

A small piece on The Predator being a "blockbuster" from HitFix. Just opinions and speculation, nothing new.

overthere

overthere

I like how when they asked Shane if he can share some information without getting in trouble, Shane smirks and says "ha, trouble...who cares?". 

MemphisRains

Predator from Hawkings? Nahh, he'll just bring us another classic sci-fi action. Who needs that in our time ;D

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2016, 07:59:32 PM
http://www.hitfix.com/news/can-a-genre-title-like-predator-work-as-an-event-sized-blockbuster

A small piece on The Predator being a "blockbuster" from HitFix. Just opinions and speculation, nothing new.
Well, they didn't end up posting the Video-Interview they had with Black about Predator, so i guess he didn't say anything new, otherwise they would have been the first to post some new stuff about this.

I guess they will post the full interview later this month, when The Nice Guys hits Theaters, but again, i expect nothing new now.

I really start to like the secrecy surrounding the plot though, we know it's moving forward, the movie has a release date, they plan on shooting at the end of the year, so everything seems to be going well for them.

I'm just excited because this is essentially what i was expecting from Rodriguez when he announced Predators in 2009, i thought they would go different, new and bold and big and exciting, and it ended up being a really small movie that as a whole felt like a sparse version of the original Predator.

What People from today seem to forget though, is that the first Predator wasn't really a low Budget flick at all, it had a 18 Million Budget, that in '87 was a blockbuster budget for an action movie, they hired the biggest star of the 80s, hired Stan Winston, included complicated never seen before visual effects, shot on location in real jungles. It was a big summer movie while the rest of them played under radar, and Shane knows this and wants to bring it back with a bang, like it was with the first movie.

I like that they up the ante on this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed