Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 69,535 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Apr 06, 2012, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 06, 2012, 04:35:07 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Apr 05, 2012, 11:09:27 PM
It's looking good, but the Pulse Rifle and Smart Gun sfx are wrong and need to be fixed. They sound terrible.

We also now have undeniable proof the Alien Warriors are indeed... wait for it... TOO SMALL. AGAIN. >:( I'd like to take this moment and just say, TOLD YOU SO. :P

What happened to GB's commitment to making A:CM an authentic Aliens experience? The sfx are jacked and, yet again, the Aliens are stunted cannon fodder. ???

Other than that, the gfx look superb and I'm digging the game-play mechanics.

I can let the Smart Gun's targeting system slide as keeping it canonically accurate would render it useless (the targeting system - not the weapon itself). Since it tracks heat signatures and Aliens don't give off heat, you'd be at a big disadvantage lugging that big thing around with quick and nimble Aliens hunting you.

That size looks about right to me, and as for the Alien being CF, it looks like when online they can kill you in up to 2 hits.

You do know that the guy with the smart gun is not standing up straight right?
You do know that the alien is not standing up straight right?

Nero the Jackal

It is standing more straighter than the marine and since its legs are like the runner's then it is more or less standing near as straight as it can. GB has made no effort at all to use the original stances and leg designs of both the xeno from alien and aliens.

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 06, 2012, 12:15:45 PM
The MP, wasn't sure if I was watching a Survivor mode or not to start with.
No, this was TDM mode.

Predaker

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Apr 06, 2012, 11:08:46 AMYou do know that the guy with the smart gun is not standing up straight right?
Neither is the Alien... they both have bent knees.

If the humans can weld doors in MP, will the aliens be able to tear through "inches of reinforced steel?" Or maybe use their heads as battering rams to break them down?

Spoon

Who cares about how it looks in a photo.  When you watch video gameplay the alien is actually smaller then the human.  Very lame.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Spoon on Apr 06, 2012, 04:45:56 PM
Who cares about how it looks in a photo.  When you watch video gameplay the alien is actually smaller then the human.  Very lame.
That is gameplay

CyberDemon13

PHANTOM

I wonder if this game will support DX11?

WinterActual

OpenMaw

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 06, 2012, 06:03:44 PM
Quote from: CyberDemon13 on Apr 06, 2012, 05:48:45 PM
It's not...
Actually it is.

It's very obviously a posed shot. It's not literally gameplay in that shot. In game assets, in game environment, posed shot.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 06, 2012, 04:35:07 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Apr 05, 2012, 11:09:27 PM
It's looking good, but the Pulse Rifle and Smart Gun sfx are wrong and need to be fixed. They sound terrible.

We also now have undeniable proof the Alien Warriors are indeed... wait for it... TOO SMALL. AGAIN. >:( I'd like to take this moment and just say, TOLD YOU SO. :P

What happened to GB's commitment to making A:CM an authentic Aliens experience? The sfx are jacked and, yet again, the Aliens are stunted cannon fodder. ???

Other than that, the gfx look superb and I'm digging the game-play mechanics.

I can let the Smart Gun's targeting system slide as keeping it canonically accurate would render it useless (the targeting system - not the weapon itself). Since it tracks heat signatures and Aliens don't give off heat, you'd be at a big disadvantage lugging that big thing around with quick and nimble Aliens hunting you.

That size looks about right to me, and as for the Alien being CF, it looks like when online they can kill you in up to 2 hits.
It's hard to tell in that pic 'cause you can't see either of their feet placement and the Marine is not standing up straight. It might be a perspective issue in that pic, but if you watch the recent multi-player footage, you see the Warriors are definitely too thin and too short. Not enough height, and not enough mass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVkAKknz-F8#ws

RagingDragon

I don't think the xenos are too small, I've said that already :laugh: but at the same time I'm not against bigger models.  I think the height doesn't bother me, but they are incredibly skinny.  They seemed a bit more jacked in Aliens.

Still, it's not really going to effect the experience as long as they act like xenomorphs, for me at least.  I just want them to be scary as hell.

Sexy Poot

They look better skinny. Couldn't really be that way in the movies cause they were guys in costumes.

chupacabras acheronsis

the puppets weren't that skinny.

it's mostly the abdomens, they shouldn't carve in like if they were anorexic. that's characteristic of the ADI aliens.

Le Celticant

The shoulders aren't the right one also.
I would just scale a "bit" up the overall size but not too much as accurate to the movie.
Otherwise we would have big things taking the whole corridors. Too easy target.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed