Expect a TEASER with STAR WARS

Started by CainsSon, Aug 16, 2015, 05:51:13 AM

Author
Expect a TEASER with STAR WARS (Read 2,445 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2015, 03:13:29 PM
That's from the same year AVP came out, though. Considering Blomkamp's movie seems to be at least a couple of years away, it's way too early to start building the hype-train.

It was when the film was announced. Literally the same day. Which I'm pretty sure wasn't the same year it was released.

Then there's also Alien 3 -

It's not a stretch to think we'll get a teaser trailer. Just don't expect it to have anything in it.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 10, 2015, 03:33:43 PM
Maybe you guys haven't been keeping up on current events but Blomkamp released a short Alien 5 teaser earlier today giving us a good look at his take on the classic chestburster. It's scary shit, so not for sensitive viewers.

https://instagram.com/p/7bZVfjqhJh/?taken-by=neillblomkamp

:laugh: He's a funny bugger isn't he.

Infected

Infected

Really? you guys think you gonna see anything? LoL
In the best case you will see some cgi and the shape of an alien tale but thats it,
and if you wanna see that.... its not even worth a mention.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Infected on Sep 11, 2015, 02:15:10 PM
Really? you guys think you gonna see anything? LoL
In the best case you will see some cgi and the shape of an alien tale but thats it,
and if you wanna see that.... its not even worth a mention.

But that's exactly what it should be aiming for. I don't want to see graphic shots of an Alien, any more than I want to hear all the best jokes from a comedy film before it even gets released.

A teaser should do exactly what it sounds like: Tease an excellent sense of atmosphere and make you want more. Make you want to experience more of that world it's inviting you to briefly inhabit along with its various characters.

Heck, the best advert I've ever known of for 'The Exorcist' didn't even have any visuals, at all - it was for the radio!

What do we see in that Earth-themed 'Alien 3' advert? Nothing but a cracking egg. Nothing. Yet it's one of the single best adverts in the entire series' history. What's great about it is the audio and slogan, right at the very end.

Same goes for the initial adverts for 'Prometheus', which were very good. Very little was shown. It was about atmosphere.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 10, 2015, 03:33:43 PM
Maybe you guys haven't been keeping up on current events but Blomkamp released a short Alien 5 teaser earlier today giving us a good look at his take on the classic chestburster. It's scary shit, so not for sensitive viewers.

https://instagram.com/p/7bZVfjqhJh/?taken-by=neillblomkamp

That chicken's been getting a lot of publicity since Chappie  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed