YES
9 (40.9%)
some points agree
7 (31.8%)
NO
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author
10 reasons why alien 5 might flop (Read 2,723 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

Have you checked out this article,
http://whatculture.com/film/10-reasons-you-shouldnt-get-excited-about-neill-blomkamps-alien-5.php
I agreed with some points what do you think (random popups just to let you know.)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Only agree with #3. Rest is either improperly researched or rigid-minded blabbery.

Jarac

Jarac

#6 and #5 are the biggest issues. The other ones I don't really agree with. Especially not #1. Fox already have the internet getting hyped up for this new film. If they pull the plug it would be tragic.

The Joker

The Joker

I think it could flop if Blomkamp writes the screenplay and story for the film. He has proved with his last two films that he just isnt a good writer. He needs to provide his vision to the writer and then stick to directing the film instead of doing both, especially with a franchise like Alien where it could become overwhelming for someone like him.

Terribly written "article" BTW.

whiterabbit

The movie isn't happening... any time soon.

Snowdog

Snowdog

I especially agree with the last one. This movie ain't gonna happen. Cool that it's announced and stuff. But most likely it won't ever make it past those storyboards.

swarm87

swarm87

fully agree with point 3

monkeylove

The third movie doesn't repeat the first because their genres are different: the former uses with what is probably detective fiction while the second employs horror.

Also, the second had to be different from the first because the creature was already revealed in the latter.

Ash 937

Ash 937

I think that the overwhelming majority of fans will accept Alien 5 as long as it is better than Alien 3.  The only problem with that is that everything that came after Alien 3 (Alien Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R, and even Prometheus) has arguable delivered far less than that film.  If Bloomkamp can't do that, I don't think the franchise has anywhere else to go (at least with Ripley in the storyline).

Saw this article that touched on the subject...thought it was pretty accurate.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/08/14/alien-5-and-prometheus-2-why-these-classic-sci-fi-sequels-have-to-deliver-3470744?lt_source=external,manual

NickisSmart

If the studio is always so meddling then how come Alien: Isolation was able to achieve such a pure vision? If they can do it, so can Neil (in theory). And it's alright to compare a film to a video game because the article compares Alien V to A:CM. The door swings both ways.

Xenomorphine

Like Disney, Fox seems to be less hands-on with projects, these days.

Kel G 426

Quotethe article compares Alien V to A:CM.

Another reason not to read it.

D. Compton Ambrose

The only ones I truly disagree with are #3 and #1. I almost disagreed with #2 until the end: the power vacuum between the Alien creature and the Aliens definitely must be addressed in a scientifically plausible way.

As a bonus, I found this in the related articles field.

Kel G 426

Guys!  This movie could totally suck!  We won't know for years but give us your clicks NOW!

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 21, 2015, 03:51:18 PM
The only ones I truly disagree with are #3 and #1. I almost disagreed with #2 until the end: the power vacuum between the Alien creature and the Aliens definitely must be addressed in a scientifically plausible way.

As a bonus, I found this in the related articles field.
I have done a forum on that check it out/10 reasons why alien 3 rocks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed