First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 54,008 times)

cloverfan98

Is there any word of these DH comics being released digitally? I have most of them physically so I want to get them digitally as well.

Russ840

Russ840

Forbidden planet

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Russ840 on May 17, 2021, 06:44:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetdzHD8uFA

First look at the actual collection

I love to hear that the original characters have been restored.  👏

BlueMarsalis79

Dark Horse already did that five years ago.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Russ840 on May 19, 2021, 12:24:52 PM
Forbidden planet

I live in the States so I'd have to pass on that. Although I did find some at Targets online shop for ore order. Comes out to around $122.

Corporal Hicks

They're out in the UK. My local messaged to say it was in.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 19, 2021, 12:43:01 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on May 17, 2021, 06:44:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetdzHD8uFA

First look at the actual collection

I love to hear that the original characters have been restored.  👏

Yeah. Glad they kept it that way. But I really do not like the recolour for book one. Shame they didn't keep it fully original.

judge death

Dark horse collection 1 should be easy to track down which is exactly that and then you also have earlier releases.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So I know I've said time and again I'm not really a comics guy... but the comic books were basically the last big hole in my collection, so the other day I caved and ordered this (as well as putting in a pre-order for the second volume).

Forgetting the Greg Land tracing clusterf**k for a moment, I feel like Marvel have otherwise done a bloody good job of this. Collecting the obscure bits and pieces that Dark Horse always forgot about is what sold me. Stuff like the oft-requested Countdown, and the Kenner comics - even if they are totally daft and childish, how great is it that Marvel actually went to the effort of including them for the sake of completeness? Even the Alien 3 trading card comic is in there.

Here's hoping Marvel's subsequent volumes will be equally comprehensive. (Judging by the fact they're apparently including the incomplete Crusade in volume 2, they will be.)

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully you will finally see the value in them then.

judge death

Can say I have on saturday all dark horse alien comics in my collection^^ Ok not single issues but collections and volumes etc but I can read all stories^^

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Question: Does Nightmare Asylum include the extra panels that were added for the trade paperback?

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 27, 2021, 07:38:07 AMEven the Alien 3 trading card comic is in there.

Question: Does Nightmare Asylum include the extra panels that were added for the trade paperback?
Is the 9-panel Alien 3 comic in there? I missed that, and would be very impressed. They've done very well so far on completeness. A complete cover gallery would have been nice though, even small thumbnails could have been completed on a couple additional pages.

And I am also curious as to the added panel for the Vol. 2 TPB.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Rambo on Jun 01, 2021, 06:46:52 PMIs the 9-panel Alien 3 comic in there? I missed that, and would be very impressed. They've done very well so far on completeness. A complete cover gallery would have been nice though, even small thumbnails could have been completed on a couple additional pages.

My copy's not arrived yet, but from what I've seen elsewhere the card comic is in there, and there's also a covers gallery, although I've no idea how complete the latter is.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 01, 2021, 04:01:49 PM

^ This.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed