AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 321,325 times)

alexpj19

alexpj19

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, thought you might wanna check out a teaser for my upcoming AVP short film titeled "Redemption".

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=goa0t9wdzsw

Only opening shots up to the "Action" part are final shots, the rest are just some tests i did before start shooting. i'll be putting a website together, with updates on a project, stills from a new shots and posters.

Enjoy.

frankaster

frankaster

really nice, but the aliens are wierd, i suggest you to made a predator only film... really

fluxcap

fluxcap

Best of luck to you on your production, looks amazing.

alexpj19

alexpj19

all of the "fast action" shots were just a simple tests, final shots with aliens will look completly different, here is a little test i did a few days ago  its a little bit better idea of what aliens will look like in this movie. 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5emjK3MuI

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to do a film like this. This is real Predator and CGI environment, right?

alexpj19

alexpj19

yeah, invironment 100% CG created in maya, i just started to learn it a month ago, so i'm trying to make it as real as i can :)
Predator and some props were shot on green screen, all home made (card board, duck tape, and a lots of hours )

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'm familiar with the technique. Looks pretty cool for only a months work. Did you do all the ships and etc too?

fluxcap

fluxcap

There you go frankaster, the aliens look a-spec now.

chopperbuilder

chopperbuilder

Damn that was awsome.

Darkness

Darkness

Like I said in the email, it looks very good so far. The alien test shot looks a lot better too.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Little update on the process:   18 shots are completed all including CG and color correction, I also finished a story boards for the Alien fight ( total body count is 9 ), will start shooting in about 2 weeks, should have enough money saved up to rent a green screen and the crane by than :)

You guys will not be desapointed :)  my Predator will be Really mean to the Aliens  .

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I only have one word for this: Beautiful

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

For the love of God, make this film. Don't let anything stop you.

My only complaint is that the aliens seem so light, and the person in the Predator suit should act like there is actually something on him when an alien attacks.

But freaking awesome!

Is the predator's face CG?

Mod- is that the predator mask sold at the time of AVP? You know, the big floppy one?

alexpj19

alexpj19

:) Guys , once again don't worry about look of the aliens in the teaser, alien shots were just some old tests i did, more recent test and the way aliens are gonna look can be seen here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5emjK3MuI

I will make this film no matter what , but its a "no budget" film so it will take awhile, i think it will be finished around summer time.

thanks again for the support.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

That's good. Still, some problems with the test.

It seems fluid, which can be good, but I think it needs a little more weight.

Also, that pred mask. When I saw the trailer, I thought it was CG because of the movement and coloring. I just think it needs to be darker, that's all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed