Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long

Started by seattle24, Nov 22, 2021, 09:57:55 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long (Read 25,642 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2021, 09:09:59 AM
That got a chuckle from me. I did actually mean to go see Last Duel but just never got around to it. Barely saw any marketing here.

That is unacceptable.

Now, if you said you didn't go and see it because of the helmets, I would have nodded my head in sagely commiseration.

BlueMarsalis79

I agree entirely with Nightmare Asylum, it's the cheatburster imitating David for good or ill that's most memorable the "Alien Covenant" itself if you like and, the Neomorphs felt authentically connected to the Alien so I never considered them generic even if lots of stuff exists with the source of inspiration they come from executed with not as much success.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2021, 09:09:59 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 02, 2021, 12:24:07 AM
There's no memorable Alien moment as in the first three movies.

It doesn't amount to much screentime, but I still love that moment where it stands up when coming into the terraforming bay. I still think that just looks creepy as f**k.

It must be the only time the practical suit can be seen in the entire movie.

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 02, 2021, 07:51:25 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 02, 2021, 12:24:07 AM
I think they forgot to show us why the Alien is superior to the Neomorph. The life cycles are somewhat different, but even so the spores appear to be superior. Also, maybe that unused fighting scene between both species showing the Alien as the winner would have helped a bit.

I maybe just trying to justify bad writting but stuff like this makes me think that to David "superior" means something other than "has a better reproductive cycle"

It makes sence.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2021, 09:09:59 AMI do love the Neomorphs, but I have to agree with SiL - can't remember which thread he said it on - about them not being different from the Alien really.
Here and others :laugh:

It's really noticeable in Covenant when the adult Alien appears and it's just a reskinned Neomorph. There's really nothing to distinguish their movement or behaviours. You've got the life cycle and the acid blood and that's about it.

The slower, more deliberate killer of the Big Chap portrayal could've been a really good counterpoint to the Neomorphs, but instead we got AvP Aliens with better CGI.

Immortan Jonesy

Totally agree. Covenant Alien is just another space velociraptor from the AVP movies. They should have returned to the elegant but flamboyant body language of sadistic psychopathic killer.

Feral behavior is fine with the Neomorph though. And it would have helped make a real distinction beyond the acidic blood and the reproductive cycle, which is not improvement of the black spore life cycle at all anyway.

SiL

More of the stuff like it entering the cargo bay, less hopping around.

skhellter

i don't mind the space-raptor stuff because at least it's pretty damn well executed space-raptor stuff AND.. the creature in Covenant is just a fleshy sketch of the perfect organism after all (David's narcissism gets a wake up call at the end).

Anyway, the show will most likely feature the proper biomechanical creatures and i'm wary of how they're gonna execute them...

We haven't seen the proper "biomechanical strain" since.... Alien3?

BlueMarsalis79

Creepily hopefully, not necessarily overly frantic.

Local Trouble

Is that from Legion?

BlueMarsalis79

It is.

I can't find it, but I believe it used to be someone's signature on here but, a photoreal piece of artwork of H.R Giger's Alien lying on a tiled floor in black and white.

That's the vibe I hope this goes for, not quite as good, but definitely similar in tone to this here:

Immortan Jonesy

TC

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 03, 2021, 12:16:57 AM
Totally agree. Covenant Alien is just another space velociraptor from the AVP movies. They should have returned to the elegant but flamboyant body language of sadistic psychopathic killer.

The "Cameron Concept" was the origin of the space velociraptor - which every subsequent director has followed. Not that I resent Aliens because I don't - it truly is a masterpiece. But I often wonder what Alien 2 would have been like if they had pursued the original interpretation, as devised by O'Bannon and Giger and Scott.

Take your example imagery:

and add this crab-walking alien with tail as giant erection:

and this

which was Giger's design for the origin of the eggs: Biomechanoid machinery (symbolically reminiscent of pregnant bellies), that produced the eggs as though from a bizarre alien factory line. (One YouTube commentator says that the ribbing leading down to the floor is a conveyor belt for the eggs, although I can't see it myself). It really emphasises Giger's biomechanoid concept. Although I've always thought it a shame that the biomechanoidisms are missing from the chestburster and facehugger designs.

TC

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: TC on Dec 17, 2021, 01:50:08 PM
Not that I resent Aliens because I don't - it truly is a masterpiece.

Why does everybody who is about to criticise Aliens feels the need to say that ? Just say: "I hate Aliens", nothing bad about that

Nightmare Asylum

Nah, I think that's a fair preface. I adore Aliens. I also think most of the worst crap that's come out of the franchise (particularly on the EU side of things) has been the stuff trying to emulate Aliens.

Kradan

That's fair to say

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed