Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,274 times)

Thatguy2068

Even though I haven't read the book I can easily tell the art style is just isn't good at all it's just a bunch of traces that all, i'm sorry to say but even badly done Santa is better than theirs because they tried, not Trace

[cancerblack]

If someone doesn't make my goddamn John Blanche x Ralph Steadman splattery Alien comic soon I'm going to have to do it myself.

Corporal Hicks

Kradan

Great podcast, gentlemen. The whole "rating system" controversy was definetly highlight of the episode, I found myself more on Hicks/Xenomorphine side - 5/10 means you did half of a job well

Also, I would be absolutely up for some prank WY corporate ads

Voodoo Magic

Thanks Kradan.

Yeah, it seems interpretation of a 10 point rating system really seems to be regional.

BlueMarsalis79

The out of ten system's garbage.

Stars are so much clearer.

Kradan

Out of 5, you mean ?

Engineer

I prefer percentage

SiL

SiL

The joke is that they're all the same, right?

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Oct 22, 2021, 09:40:28 PM
The joke is that they're all the same, right?
Only a fraction are the same lol

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yeah different review systems can be a tricky thing. Watching what I said in retrospect, I think I misspoke and I feel I need to clarify.

It's true that the US grading system typically considers anything under 60% to be a failure, but with a lot of out of 10 systems on major sites, it's anything under a 5 is true levels of bad. So while I said that a 5 is poor, having examined a number of rating system guides, I'm also going with it means meh/average/middle of the road. But no one wants a product to be a 5 or meh, so in that way, it is kind of a failure.

Example: https://corp.ign.com/review-practices

Interestingly, the UK grading system does seem to be kinder than the US one:

So there is a bit of a distinction between rating and grading, and after looking, I have yet to see an out of 10 system on a review site that considers 5 to be a failure. I just confused myself by conflating the two in the podcast.

Engineer

Engineer

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but if you gave it a 5 out of 10 you were way nicer than me!! I would have given it a 2 out of 10, and the only reason I'd score it that high is because the main character died at the end so we won't have to see Salvador larroca's likeness in the comics anymore...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Engineer on Oct 23, 2021, 12:37:19 AM
I would have given it a 2 out of 10, and the only reason I'd score it that high is because the main character died at the end so we won't have to see Salvador larroca's likeness in the comics anymore...

Don't be so sure, because you never know!

;D

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 22, 2021, 11:41:45 PM
But no one wants a product to be a 5 or meh, so in that way, it is kind of a failure.

Yeah, for me, hitting 50% or 5/10 of your targets or failing as much as you succeeded will always be a failure/not recommend in my book and not worth one's time. At that point, it's just degrees of how badly the product failed.

Engineer

Let me hope... lol

BlueMarsalis79

This' why I prefer stars personally:

★ The worst thing ever.
★★ Really bad.
★★★ Middle of the road.
★★★★ Really good.
★★★★★ The best thing ever.

No ambiguity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed