Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 281,102 times)

Engineer

Inside cover of issue 2 (I think it was), they made it sound like this would be an on-going series with no ending planned. Or at least, that's how I interpreted it...

The fine print towards the bottom left reads "alien. Published monthly by marvel worldwide inc."

Voodoo Magic

It is an on-going. But Marvel will re-publish arcs in the form of trades along the way.  :)

Engineer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 25, 2021, 07:47:17 PM
It is an on-going. But Marvel will re-publish arcs in the form of trades along the way.  :)

Any chance the next arc will bring in a different writer and artist?

Xiggz456

Quote from: Engineer on May 25, 2021, 07:48:36 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 25, 2021, 07:47:17 PM

Any chance the next arc will bring in a different writer and artist?

They way Johnson described it, is that each arc is basically a film with a conclusion but with threads to continue on. So yes it's an ongoing in the same vein as Alien, Aliens and A3 in that each movie follows on from the previous one.

In regards to changing up the creative team, there's definitely a chance. But if we consider Marvel's Star Wars first run, they used the same writer/artist combo for 50 straight issues. So only time will tell, though I expect we'll get confirmation sooner rather than later as Issue 5 has already been shown in the Comic Previews.

Engineer

In regards to changing up the creative team, there's definitely a chance.

🤞

hawkangel

Issue #3 is now out on Comixology. A couple of things I noted.
Spoliers :
Spoiler

The art seems considerably better in this issue.
No real look at the Alpha yet but as mentioned by another character, the Alpha seems to exist as the female depicted in Gabe's dreams in issue #1.
Maybe this issue is on the slowburn and is picking up? I'm starting to like it.
[close]

Russ840

I enjoyed it and find myself invested in where it's all going still. It's so damn decompressed though. Will prob read well in trade.

That said. There is nothing special here.

Corporal Hicks

There's still something off about the Aliens. I wasn't seeing any joint or anything that immediately jumped out at me. Maybe it's the colouring? I don't know. Just still look off, especially in those opening pages.

I'm still enjoying the story though.
Spoiler
Cool to see where the hosts of the hooved Alien now. I liked the callback to Alien 3 re: the marks on their faces, but having it carry to the human hosts didn't sit right with me.

I'm loving the Aliens actually retreating too. Could do with less dialogued "skreees" and etc from them though. Loved the chestburster pulling a Six too. 
[close]

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2021, 08:49:24 AM
Spoiler
I liked the callback to Alien 3 re: the marks on their faces, but having it carry to the human hosts didn't sit right with me.
[close]
I figured maybe
Spoiler
he tried to fight it off and it clawed his face in the struggle or something.
[close]

judge death

Didnt they show earleir that the alpha was some kind of king alien design, so now its that female thing again?
And facehuggers still have these tiny legs on their tails and xenos weird looking?

Shame that marvel sold so well of their xeno comcis after all plagiarism and stealing art from tristian and others and using neca toys etc for their art and the artist putting himself as one of the main charachters but well have to live with it I guess.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Just read issue 3 and enjoyed it!

Spoiler
Loved the chestburster scene!
[close]

So far the narrative has kept me thoroughly interested! Looking forward to next month's issue!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2021, 08:49:24 AM
There's still something off about the Aliens. I wasn't seeing any joint or anything that immediately jumped out at me. Maybe it's the colouring? I don't know. Just still look off, especially in those opening pages.

I'm still enjoying the story though.
Spoiler
Cool to see where the hosts of the hooved Alien now. I liked the callback to Alien 3 re: the marks on their faces, but having it carry to the human hosts didn't sit right with me.

I'm loving the Aliens actually retreating too. Could do with less dialogued "skreees" and etc from them though. Loved the chestburster pulling a Six too. 
[close]

Spoiler
Those were some weird ass looking goats  :laugh:
[close]

Also hyped that I got the Alien comic box today! I've been wanting an Alien themed comic box to hold all my single issues so I'm glad that Marvel made one.

Still Collating...

Read through issue 3.

Spoiler
The story is very good, but the art is terrible in a weird way. It's inconsistent. Some panels are great, others are terrible. He can clearly draw, yet all of the aliens are figures. Badly posed, silly looking. The alien goats and the chestburster looked the best (even though it's too probably a figure in most panels). At least the joints are less visible. I don't mind using the figures, but pose it in dynamic ways, don't make it look so stiff and obvious. The panels are aranged in a wierd way, I don't understand most of the action, what's happening where. It's nice to see the aliens be tough, but you can't have your alien be so stiff and you shoot the a pulse rifle and almost nothing happens. I'm not sure if the aliens dodged, did the guys miss, are the aliens bullet proof? The images don't show the action clearly. It's nice to see the aliens retreating and not be killed outright, yes, but they don't do it believably to me. I dread the alien panels now. I still can't believe the artist put his face as the main character's, it takes me out of the story constantly, especially since the expressions look stiff. I so hope they change the artist when they can...
[close]

judge death

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha xD As lame as same artist stealing star wars deisgns from deviantart and other cases. xD
Why I wont buy these comics, insult to artists and alien fans.

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed