Name that Tune

Started by Mr. Clemens, Jan 23, 2022, 06:31:37 PM

Author
Name that Tune (Read 2,458 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 25, 2022, 11:23:37 PM
It sounds like a brief snatch of dialogue mixed in with the rest of the din - and it still sounds like Parker.

The early dialogue in the sequence is layered on top without regard for who's speaking - a deliberate sound design choice? I believe the director wanted a sense of unease by making the overlapping dialogue hard to decipher.

Gotta disagree once again - to me, it sounds like Dallas. I always enjoy reading your posts, Elmazalman, but I don't recognize you as an authority on what things sound like.  :P

And there is a tune there -  I can go and play it on the piano right now. I can't do that with regular conversation. But since none of us seems to know what that tune actually is, I'm willing to drop ot.  :D

SiL

SiL

I always thought it was someone saying "Dallas, Dallas, come on" in a bit of a song-songy voice, not a song.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Jan 26, 2022, 11:31:48 AM
I always thought it was someone saying "Dallas, Dallas, come on" in a bit of a song-songy voice, not a song.
It is. It's Parker.

I'd listen to the raw production audio and Chestburster multi-angle audio for any additional clarity.

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 26, 2022, 11:00:09 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 25, 2022, 11:23:37 PM
It sounds like a brief snatch of dialogue mixed in with the rest of the din - and it still sounds like Parker.

The early dialogue in the sequence is layered on top without regard for who's speaking - a deliberate sound design choice? I believe the director wanted a sense of unease by making the overlapping dialogue hard to decipher.

Gotta disagree once again - to me, it sounds like Dallas. I always enjoy reading your posts, Elmazalman, but I don't recognize you as an authority on what things sound like.  :P

And there is a tune there -  I can go and play it on the piano right now. I can't do that with regular conversation. But since none of us seems to know what that tune actually is, I'm willing to drop ot.  :D
If there is a tune buried in there, it doesn't sound like it's coming from Dallas.

You don't have to recognise me as anything, other than a fellow poster and fan of the original film.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I'm beginning to think it's an improvised riff, as well. Makes sense, considering they apparently had to pay out the nose for 'You are my Lucky Star.'

SiL

SiL

If it were an actual song, yes, they'd have to have licensed it. I actually think it's Parker asking Dallas to pass some food the more I listen to it.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Thats what I hear as well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed