New Images of StudioADI Alien 5 Maquette

Started by RidgeTop, Jan 08, 2022, 01:23:35 AM

Author
New Images of StudioADI Alien 5 Maquette (Read 17,376 times)

judge death

For being the perfect organism and having acid and extreme immune system etc it seems its super easy to do genetic experiments and change to any scientist wish, even easier than changing human dna xD Xenos should be extremly hard to change their dna and genes, its after all alien to human and how our genes work.

Kradan

Good point actually. I would love a scene of scientist trying to dissect a Xeno only to find out its blood melts all the instruments  :D

Immortan Jonesy

As long as it's not too Kenner, I have no problem with what evolves to adapt vs. a definitive organism that never changes.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: judge death on Jan 10, 2022, 07:47:10 PM
For being the perfect organism and having acid and extreme immune system etc it seems its super easy to do genetic experiments and change to any scientist wish, even easier than changing human dna xD Xenos should be extremly hard to change their dna and genes, its after all alien to human and how our genes work.

William Gibson's script actually had something talking about the ease in which the Alien's DNA allows itself to be manipulated, like a GMO weapon. And I know I'm being contradictory with how bored I am of genetic modification storylines at the minute, but I do like the idea of the Alien deliberately being flexible in its design and parameters. (Just let's have a break when all the other franchises were doing it).

Kane's other son

Let's not forget that Gibson wrote his script 33 years ago, when the idea of a new alien and of genetic modification were fresh. Now, it's cliche and every alien movie since 1997 had the urge to introduce a new, "better" monster.

Nightmare Asylum

The "introducing a new Alien every time" mentality has been a thing '86, with Aliens' Queen, and was continued in Alien 3's Runner even before Resurrection went all out with literal genetic tampering.

It's just kind of baked into the franchise's post-Alien DNA at this point.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kane's other son on Jan 13, 2022, 02:47:53 PM
Let's not forget that Gibson wrote his script 33 years ago, when the idea of a new alien and of genetic modification were fresh. Now, it's cliche and every alien movie since 1997 had the urge to introduce a new, "better" monster.

True enough! I wasn't criticising Gibson for that though - just why I wouldn't want to see it show up in Blomkamp's. As much as I like the idea as presented in certain ways, it's a little boring at the moment.

skhellter

will we see it in the tv show is what i've been wondering lately....

[cancerblack]

Almost certainly, yes.

BlueMarsalis79

Maybe not in retrospect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed