Alien - Colony War

Started by felix, Oct 09, 2021, 10:26:43 PM

Author
Alien - Colony War (Read 44,193 times)

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 16, 2022, 10:56:34 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 14, 2022, 04:23:04 PM
Release date's just been pushed back to 19th May, if Amazon's anything to go by.

I finally got this notice too. Shame. Now I doubt we'll have anything for Alien Day.  :'(

Considering Titan is a UK company it baffles me that you'd get this delay. Especially since the book was originally scheduled to release last Tuesday. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not unknown for Amazon to not get the Titan books in time. Suppose Forbidden Planet is actually the better place to check.

Ss

Ss

For UK buyers. I preordered this and the recent AvP anthology from Waterstones and got both a few days early.

Maybe a good option for some in future.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Forbidden Planet has the release date down as the 26th. Waterstones has them in stock now. I think this is just Amazon not getting their shipment of Titan books in time. As standard.

I've ordered a copy from Waterstones instead.

Ss

Ss

I picked up my copy from Waterstones on the 14th. Seems the best option.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Mine has dispatched too from WHSmith in UK.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was released on Audible today.

And my copy from Waterstones arrived today.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

How many pages out of interest? Just curious with their also being an additional RPG scenario attached.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Novel itself is around 370. The RPG scenario (Fallout) is about 50.

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2022, 07:57:55 AM
So is the rpg scenario decent?

VN1X

VN1X

Yay got it today and the cover art looks much better in real life compared to the online shots. Neat!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 20, 2022, 04:45:24 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2022, 07:57:55 AM
So is the rpg scenario decent?

I've not read it. I try not to before actually getting to play the scenarios.

So I'm about 70/80 pages into this and I think it's going to take some work to win me over. There's just something about the way this is written that it makes me feel like I've missed another book or comic introducing Chad. It feels like it's written with an assumption we already know all about him so far.

I'm also not sure on how this France/England conflict seems to be being set up.

Spoiler
Random 3 World Empire merchants responding to a French colony distress call, decide to seemingly randomly off a survivor and then decide they're going to kill all other survivors and cover it up.
[close]

And the cockney is getting a bit obnoxious.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Has anyone ordered an Aristotle of the most ping pong tiddly in the nuclear sub yet?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Im 70 pages in and pretty much echo the above. The characters are not winning me over at all and whilst I appreciate the tie ins to the RPG, anyone not familiar with it is going to be massively confused.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2022, 09:28:23 AM
It feels like it's written with an assumption we already know all about him so far.
He's Amanda's totally well established husband, how can you not know everything about this important character already?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed