release date predictions

Started by David, Mar 06, 2021, 12:34:42 PM

Author
release date predictions (Read 9,062 times)

SiL

SiL

It's a streaming release, so it doesn't need to attract butts in seats like a theatrical film. It's evergreen.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Now that Marvel's Predator has been revealed to be hitting shelves in July, perhaps Prey is slated for July as well.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2022, 05:21:53 AM
It's a streaming release, so it doesn't need to attract butts in seats like a theatrical film. It's evergreen.
Sort of? I have some streaming services and I don't even know half of the new media that is put out there due to there being so much, so I can see something happen similar to Prey if there isn't some kind of marketing that enables it to stand out.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2022, 12:26:21 PM
Now that Marvel's Predator has been revealed to be hitting shelves in July, perhaps Prey is slated for July as well.

That or August, I can see either or be released during those months. I would be genuinely but pleasantly surprised for a June release. I just want a trailer drop to get excited about aaaaahhhhhhhhh whats going on up there Disney, what are you up to with that film?!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 26, 2022, 03:19:48 PM
Sort of? I have some streaming services and I don't even know half of the new media that is put out there due to there being so much, so I can see something happen similar to Prey if there isn't some kind of marketing that enables it to stand out.
Most of that is content the platforms have acquired, not made. They all usually have a front page section dedicated to their originals and latest releases.

Advertising is always necessary but there's less urgency to get people to watch the film on release with streaming vs theatrical. They will advertise it, but it won't need to be as big as if it was going to theatre.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2022, 08:31:23 PM
Most of that is content the platforms have acquired, not made. They all usually have a front page section dedicated to their originals and latest releases.

Advertising is always necessary but there's less urgency to get people to watch the film on release with streaming vs theatrical. They will advertise it, but it won't need to be as big as if it was going to theatre.

That sentence still gets to me. Can't believe that they are going straight to streaming other than being an additional option alongside a theatrical release. Is straight to streaming the new straight to VC now? I mean sure there are other big properties that have done this before but it still sucks I can't see this in theaters. I just came back from watching The Northman, and I loved every bit of seeing it on the big screen....shame we can't feel that for in the theaters for this film. 

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 27, 2022, 05:13:58 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2022, 08:31:23 PM

That sentence still gets to me. Can't believe that they are going straight to streaming other than being an additional option alongside a theatrical release. Is straight to streaming the new straight to VC now? I mean sure there are other big properties that have done this before but it still sucks I can't see this in theaters. I just came back from watching The Northman, and I loved every bit of seeing it on the big screen....shame we can't feel that for in the theaters for this film. 

The only thing that bothers me about it going straight to streaming is how the film looks. I imagine the budget will be low and it might look cheap.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 26, 2022, 02:37:29 AM
Honestly, if a trailer doesn't drop by next month, I'm going to be really worried about the film. Or it could be like Dredd, where the film was in fact very great but still failed due to poor marketing and seat attracting.

It's that time of a release where we haven't seen a bit of footage and people start panicking. Happened with every Alien and Predator movie in the last 10+ years. I remember people thinking the same about Prometheus. It'll come out when it comes out. Streaming films have much different marketing than theatrical releases. They also have just about as much quality too, so I wouldn't worry about budget. You can make a cheap film look amazing with the right camera work, and I think this team will likely deliver a visually pleasing film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed