Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,827 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Aliens Versus Predators.

RidgeTop

Placeholder cover up on the Amazon pre-order page:

Yeah interesting with both titles being plural, don't think we've ever seen that before. I kinda... like it? Maybe?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

First time I've known the Predator bit to have the s on it.

Wysps

I can't imagine there being any significance to making it plural, but it does seem to flow better imo.

Kailem

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer Aliens Versus Predators or Alien Versus Predator myself, but particularly the former, as it is usually always several.

We never truly got a one on one that I can remember

And using the plural never made much sense to me, it's the Alien and Predator franchises, Aliens and Predators just being particular entries.

Wysps

I don't recall there being an instance where we've gotten one Predator vs one Alien, without others being involved, come to think of it  ???

SpaceKase

Quote from: felix on Mar 16, 2021, 09:56:32 AM
Available for Pre-Order on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1789097940/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=titan+books&qid=1615888505&s=books&sr=1-11

Fifteen original short stories set in the expanded AvP universe, featuring the ultimate hunters, the Yautja from Predator, pitted against the ultimate prey, the Xenomorphs from Alien, with humans caught in the middle! Set on Earth and in the far reaches of space, in the past, present, and future, these tales are produced by a culturally and ethnically diverse of authors of varied genders, gathered exclusively for this anthology.

The authors include Louis Ozawa Changchien, who played "Hanzo" in Predators, Roshni "Rush" Bhatia, director of the Shadow at the Door, and Scott Sigler, author of Earthcore, Alive, and Aliens: Phalanx. Bestsellers include Jonathan Maberry, author of the Joe Ledger novels; Mira Grant, author of the October Daye, InCryptid, and Newsflesh novel series as well as Star Wars: Canto Bight and Alien: Echo.

Ah! Mira Grant's in the mix now? I didn't see that in the previous listing on BTS's link. Nice.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I think before it was less being literal and more referring to the franchises it was representing.

Initially, when AVP started, it was essentially bringing Predators into the 'Aliens' franchise, as that was the popular film spawning a whole host of stuff at the time. After that Alien went back to being 'Alien' as a singular title for the franchise, then in 2010 we had 'Predators,' though Predator 2 did have plural Predators in it.

So Aliens vs Predator was bringing the Predator franchise into the Aliens world of the future with space marines etc.

Though the first video games such as the Jaguar one, SNES one, and the Capcom arcade were all 'Alien vs. Predator,' until the 99 PC game.

Then we had the Anderson film that had them both singular, which they changed back again for Requiem as Strause Bros. liked 'Aliens' as a movie.

Both the older and the current logo styles have used Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator

Spoiler

[close]

Alien vs. Predator has been the more common one in recent times. As far as 'Predators' goes, only that movie and the media related to it have used that instead of 'Predator.'

This is the very first time we've seen 'Aliens vs. Predators' used, and it seems to just be literal in this case, but yeah, it does flow nicely.

Kradan

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 22, 2021, 09:47:20 PM
I don't recall there being an instance where we've gotten one Predator vs one Alien, without others being involved, come to think of it  ???

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens_vs._Predator:_Chained_to_Life_and_Death

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 23, 2021, 07:18:39 AM

Thought of that one as well but you see the Pred's flashbacks of him fighting other Aliens.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 23, 2021, 03:23:27 AMInitially, when AVP started, it was essentially bringing Predators into the 'Aliens' franchise, as that was the popular film spawning a whole host of stuff at the time.

And because it was a Dark Horse thing, and the Dark Horse comics were specifically branded Aliens.

BlueMarsalis79

Yes that's true even when in my opinion something like Dead Orbit suited the singular better.

Wysps

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 23, 2021, 07:38:45 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 23, 2021, 07:18:39 AM

Thought of that one as well but you see the Pred's flashbacks of him fighting other Aliens.

We've really only had one story where there's been 1:1?  I was sure that I was missing something, but it's kind of hard to believe that after so many decades and different movies/comics/books, there's only been one story like that. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 23, 2021, 07:48:00 PM
We've really only had one story where there's been 1:1?  I was sure that I was missing something, but it's kind of hard to believe that after so many decades and different movies/comics/books, there's only been one story like that.

That's just because usually... Aliens are so easy to dispatch.

*ducks and runs*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed