Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,521 times)

PAS Spinelli

Xenomorphs being natural and having natural predators is a really dumb idea for me, it's one of the ideas that makes the alien less scary, it's meant to be the perfect organism, not prey to something bigger, which is something the comics have done more than once, Aliens Reapers was f**king atrocious.

BlueMarsalis79

One hundred percent agreed.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2012, 01:47:00 AM
SM usually says that "perfect organisms" aren't susceptible to machine guns.

BlueMarsalis79

SM's not always right, he thought of Alien The RPG as it's own thing separate from the rest of the current canon and continuity, but that's overwhelmingly turning out not to be the case.

Local Trouble

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 01, 2021, 01:38:56 AM
it is not native to this universe

Yes please.

BlueMarsalis79

kwisatz

Is it Thesis-Girl?

Immortan Jonesy

I feel a great disturbance in the force  :o

Back on topic.... I thought that with the Free League RPG it was possible to create a Schrodinger's canon; which is flexible and inclusive and makes everyone happy  :-\

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2021, 01:51:37 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 01, 2021, 01:47:15 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2021, 01:46:17 AM
But what about this though?

Spoiler
[close]

Predator

Who, that generic lizard man?

My childhood was touched  :'(

Spoiler

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

With the founding of Weyland Corporation, Yutani's merger, and Michael Bishop's entire existence being documented it definitely does not allow for AVP/Requiem/2010 whether David's responsible for Plagiarus Preapotens or just Plagiarus Linesteres.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 01, 2021, 01:54:34 AM
Xenomorphs being natural and having natural predators is a really dumb idea for me, it's one of the ideas that makes the alien less scary, it's meant to be the perfect organism, not prey to something bigger, which is something the comics have done more than once, Aliens Reapers was f**king atrocious.
Apex predators are a thing. They're usually attacked by other apex predators, or something smaller and more insidious - viruses, bacteria, parasites.

That the universe is dark and old and over billions of years it churned out something as adaptable and horrible as the Alien is plenty scary.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 01, 2021, 02:42:50 AM
With the founding of Weyland Corporation, Yutani's merger, and Michael Bishop's entire existence being documented it definitely does not allow for AVP/Requiem/2010 whether David's responsible for Plagiarus Preapotens or just Plagiarus Linesteres.

Yeah, I think you're more than right.

BlueMarsalis79

Anything can be changed but it is the current status.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed.

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2021, 02:45:24 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 01, 2021, 01:54:34 AM
Apex predators are a thing. They're usually attacked by other apex predators, or something smaller and more insidious - viruses, bacteria, parasites.

That the universe is dark and old and over billions of years it churned out something as adaptable and horrible as the Alien is plenty scary.

I agree. When people says is a bad idea is like someone posting this EU Jockey as an argument of why one can have an Alien pilot:

The idea is f**king creepy. If a comic artist / writer can't handle it, is another thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed