Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 44,159 times)

SM

They didn't have cameras, but their names and initials appear on the hypersleep readout.

The Cruentus

Thanks to another member who posted a video about Predator 2, I think its safe to say I certainly did not notice the "marry me" message on any viewing, nevermind the first.  :laugh:

I honestly think I would have never have noticed it either until it was pointed out.

Elmazalman

Could this be a packet of Balaji Imperial in Lambert's back pocket?

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 20, 2019, 11:11:54 AM
Thanks to another member who posted a video about Predator 2, I think its safe to say I certainly did not notice the "marry me" message on any viewing, nevermind the first.  :laugh:

I honestly think I would have never have noticed it either until it was pointed out.

I wonder if the dude was cut when the girl didn't respond because she completely missed it?  :laugh:

Predator@Alien

1. ALIEN : During the breakfast on the Nostromo, Ripley launch a sachet to Parker.
2. ALIEN : In the interface room of MU-TH-UR, there are seven screen for each member of the crew. (If Ripley is using the same as Dallas is because she is the captain now). (And I think they didn't understand that is Isolation because in the Apollo core, it is the same configuration).
3. ALIENS : That Bishop wasn't here during the events in the atmospheric processor and always stayed in the colony. And during the plan to escape the planet just before the Dropship's crash, it is bizarre to think that he is alone in Hadley's Hope ^^'.
4. Wierzbowski is giving the finger to Gorman after Gorman gives instructions on the Sulaco.
5. A:CM : We can see the huge smoke emerging from the crashed Sulaco when you are next to the Derelict, which give us an orientation on where is the colony from the Derelict.
6. A:I : There are a few appearances of the Alien during the campaign which are not specilly visible when you are not too attentitve.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Sep 20, 2019, 10:02:35 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 20, 2019, 11:11:54 AM

I wonder if the dude was cut when the girl didn't respond because she completely missed it?  :laugh:

If he did try again, I hope his message was visible for more than one second  :laugh: Also I wonder if this costed more than it should have for the budget.

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Sep 20, 2019, 10:33:47 PM
1. ALIEN : During the breakfast on the Nostromo, Ripley launch a sachet to Parker.
2. ALIEN : In the interface room of MU-TH-UR, there are seven screen for each member of the crew. (If Ripley is using the same as Dallas is because she is the captain now). (And I think they didn't understand that is Isolation because in the Apollo core, it is the same configuration).
3. ALIENS : That Bishop wasn't here during the events in the atmospheric processor and always stayed in the colony. And during the plan to escape the planet just before the Dropship's crash, it is bizarre to think that he is alone in Hadley's Hope ^^'.
4. Wierzbowski is giving the finger to Gorman after Gorman gives instructions on the Sulaco.
5. A:CM : We can see the huge smoke emerging from the crashed Sulaco when you are next to the Derelict, which give us an orientation on where is the colony from the Derelict.
6. A:I : There are a few appearances of the Alien during the campaign which are not specilly visible when you are not too attentitve.

Yeah, I remember only noticing during my second playthrough that there were Aliens crawling around on the outside of Sevastopol station, you can see it on your way back to the airlock.

Predator@Alien

Yes there are one outside Sevastopol, when we are into the comms just after taking the elevator we can see the same Alien inside the air ducts (from the same place where we saw the death of Hughes).
In the second mission, when you are discovering the station, there are three places where ypu can hear it and two more interesting : Just after taking the maintenance jack to Zach Watson, the trolley we saw just before is now reversed, the dishes on it roll on the floor and a stressful sound/music effect can be heard. And at the end of this mission, take the transit quickly otherwise it will appear behind.
In the third mission, the Alien can be seen in the Tech Support HQ after having left the big room with the rocket engine.
In the mission 7, when you are in Seegson Synthetics, in the synthetic fluid peocessing, the Alien can be seen taking a person while the others are shooting at it.
At mission 18, when you are activating the undoking of the Torrens, the Aliens which will attack you after can be seen at some places above and in front of you.
That's it !

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The face of the effects technician looking over the wall of the miniature colony set in the added scene of the APC rolling up to the door in the Aliens SE.

Missed that one for years (think it was SM who first made me aware of it on here) and now I cannot unsee :laugh:

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 06, 2019, 04:41:25 PM5. Ferro might be ambidextrous (eats with her right hand, reaches for her pistol with her left).

She's probably busy flying the dropship with her right hand.

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Sep 22, 2019, 07:33:01 AM
Yes there are one outside Sevastopol, when we are into the comms just after taking the elevator we can see the same Alien inside the air ducts (from the same place where we saw the death of Hughes).
In the second mission, when you are discovering the station, there are three places where ypu can hear it and two more interesting : Just after taking the maintenance jack to Zach Watson, the trolley we saw just before is now reversed, the dishes on it roll on the floor and a stressful sound/music effect can be heard. And at the end of this mission, take the transit quickly otherwise it will appear behind.
In the third mission, the Alien can be seen in the Tech Support HQ after having left the big room with the rocket engine.
In the mission 7, when you are in Seegson Synthetics, in the synthetic fluid peocessing, the Alien can be seen taking a person while the others are shooting at it.
At mission 18, when you are activating the undoking of the Torrens, the Aliens which will attack you after can be seen at some places above and in front of you.
That's it !

You missed one - after the scene where the Alien busts through the roof of Seegson Comms and causes the depressurisation near the end of the game, you can see it stalking you through the vent from which you witness Hughes being murdered by the Working Joe during your first visit to the communications centre.

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2019, 08:14:38 AM
The face of the effects technician looking over the wall of the miniature colony set in the added scene of the APC rolling up to the door in the Aliens SE.

Nope, nope, nope, not gonna check for that. I saw the box behind the egg and Parker's clothespin in Alien years ago and have never been able to look at anything else in those shots ever since, not adding more to the pile :D

Predator@Alien

Missed that one for years (think it was SM who first made me aware of it on here) and now I cannot unsee :laugh:

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 06, 2019, 04:41:25 PM5. Ferro might be ambidextrous (eats with her right hand, reaches for her pistol with her left).

She's probably busy flying the dropship with her right hand.

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Sep 22, 2019, 07:33:01 AM
That's it !

You missed one - after the scene where the Alien busts through the roof of Seegson Comms and causes the depressurisation near the end of the game, you can see it stalking you through the vent from which you witness Hughes being murdered by the Working Joe during your first visit to the communications centre.

Well, it is a part of my first point ^^'

HuDaFuK

The Cruentus

And thank to you s I can't unsee it now  :laugh:

I am surprised it wasn't edited out on the bluray like the hole around Lance Henrikson was.

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Sep 25, 2019, 08:38:00 AM

Nope, nope, nope, not gonna check for that. I saw the box behind the egg and Parker's clothespin in Alien years ago and have never been able to look at anything else in those shots ever since, not adding more to the pile :D
I can live with the box, but not the prop egg John Hurt hits (which visibly moves) when he falls to the ground.

SiL

Pretty sure it even makes a sound. :D

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

22. Gorman is married, and left-handed, and wore his wedding band on his left pinky. After doing some research, I think he did this to keep the ring out of the way.

And the ring falls off at some point during the mission. A friend suggested he took it off before leaving the Sulaco, but the photo I found the ring in is from the APC.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed