Death Stranding (Kojima video game)

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 08, 2017, 10:58:36 PM

Author
Death Stranding (Kojima video game) (Read 15,661 times)

Kimarhi

It seems for players of the game they are either disinterested Or A) the interaction with other players and how they help you get through the game carry them through OR the story carries a person through.

I very nearly quit playing.  There was a cutscene that was kind of unique involving the two twin sisters that recaptured my interest, along with a sidequest where a mom kept her daughter from marrying a guy, and then it really wraps itself together at the end with some of the best "acting" I've seen in a videogame.  Diehardman's VA in particular had a part that he absolutely slays. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Kradan

Kradan

Well, what do you know - they release director's cuts for videogames now. It's a funnyworld we live in

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 09, 2021, 06:41:15 AM
Well, what do you know - they release director's cuts for videogames now. It's a funnyworld we live in
Not that unheard of. I remember playing the director's cut of Resident Evil back in 1997.

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Kradan

Well, goes to show how much I know about videogames

The answer is - not much

BlueMarsalis79

https://youtu.be/Ao2edOY4exQ

Tangentially related, still pissed about this not happening, such a wonderful combination of talents.

And every so often Del Toro reminds us...

Inverse Effect

Guys here me out! i haven't played Death Stranding! But i checked out a video of it! and i think it looks amazing! xD

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Here we GOOOOOOOO. I love the first game so, SO much. Must have watched this trailer five times already. Cannot wait to obsess over DS2 for the next however many years.

Start of the trailer had me wondering if we'd perhaps be playing as Fragile this time around (especially since we see her paired with a BB, presumably Lousie from the first game), but with the introduction of the older (timefall ridden?) Sam later in the trailer, I'd imagine we must be sticking with him as our player character. The crew that Fragile is bringing him into must be where Elle Fanning and the rest of the new cast come into play.

Also interesting: the mask seemingly modeled after Amelie's face that the guitarist is wearing at the end.

This is the kick I need to finally give the Director's Cut of the first game a go in full, too. I've explored it a little bit, but haven't done a proper beginning to end playthrough of the DC.

Kimarhi

DS was such an odd game for me.  Dug the opening and first couple of missions, barely held on for a considerable portion of the game where nothing was really going on story wise, and then got pulled back into the ending which had some of the best voice acting and character mo cap in a game ever. 

But because it did finish so strong, I'll probably get the second game. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

One interesting observation... whereas Sam seems to be aged up a bit here (no idea if it's natural aging, or the result of timefall), Fragile seems to have aged in reverse. Where in Death Stranding she was timefall-stricken and aged up from the neck down, that clearly isn't the case in the DS2 trailer anymore.

Death Stranding:

DS2:

Kimarhi

The way the story is there is no telling if that is even the real fragile. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 09, 2022, 05:02:15 PMThe way the story is there is no telling if that is even the real fragile. 

"I'm Fragile. But not that Fragile."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed