Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,370 times)

Local Trouble

How long until the Predator expansion drops?

Corporal Hicks

Officially? Never.

But there's fan-made stats.

Xiggz456

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 25, 2022, 06:21:52 PM

"We are thrilled to reveal Heart of Darkness, the upcoming new cinematic scenario for our multiple award-winning ALIEN roleplaying game.

ALIEN: Heart of Darkness is a stand-alone adventure, but also serves as a conclusion to the Draconis Strain Saga begun in the cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods and continued in Destroyer of Worlds, all written by Andrew E.C Gaska. The expansion is designed for 3–5 players plus the Game Mother and is a spiraling descent into soul-crushing madness...

Heart of Darkness will come in a boxed set including a range of maps, cards, handouts, and pre-generated characters. (Please note - the ALIEN RPG Core Rulebook or Starter Set is required to play.)

Heart of Darkness will be offered in a pre-order and PDF pre-release on the official ALIEN RPG website later this winter, for a full physical retail release in the summer."

Nice! Gaska hasn't disappointed yet! Maybe one day I'll get around to actually playing the game but for now I'm content reading through the playbooks and sucking up that sweet lore lol.

Simply_Kevin

Oh that looks sick! I haven't gotten my hands on Destroyer of Worlds yet, but my party has already played through Charriot of the Gods with a sole survivor. Shit seriously hit the fan! Andrew's writting is amazing.

judge death

Any news on when one can preorder Heart of Darkness? :)

Kailem

Not yet, it still doesn't seem to be up on their website.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteFree League and Titan Books Announce Creative Partnership for the ALIEN Universe Cohesive Narrative Across Novels and the RPG

Free League Publishing and Titan Books today announced a collaboration to publish a unified storyline set within the ALIEN Universe. For 2022 and into 2023, the editorial and writing teams will share assets and coordinate plotlines to form a cohesive narrative across three original novels and the multiple award-winning ALIEN RPG.

"The ALIEN RPG has established the 'Frontier War,' as remote human colonies come under assault by an unknown enemy, dropping a deadly pathogen that unleashes monsters on those worlds," Titan Acquisitions Editor Steve Saffel said. "At the same time, in the wake of the Titan novel Alien: Into Charybdis, political tensions on Earth reach a boiling point."

These dramatic events play out in the recently released ALIEN RPG: Colonial Marines Operations Manual by Free League and three upcoming trade paperback novels by Titan Books, each independent but all set against a dramatic galactic backdrop:

Alien: Colony War by David Barnett  (April 2022)
Alien: Inferno's Fall by Phillipa Ballantine and Clara Carija (July 2022)
Alien: Enemy of My Enemy by Mary SanGiovanni (February 2023)

The results will set the stage for further developments within the ALIEN Universe, as depicted in the roleplaying game and original fiction.

Find out more about the novel Alien: Colony War here.

To further establish the connection between the game and the novels, the ALIEN RPG lead setting writer Andrew E.C. Gaska will develop three unique RPG scenarios which will appear as bonus features in the books, one per novel. The first such scenario, Fallout, is included in Alien: Colony War. Readers intrigued by these adventures will have the opportunity to further explore the RPG experience.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2022, 03:19:35 PM
QuoteFree League and Titan Books Announce Creative Partnership for the ALIEN Universe Cohesive Narrative Across Novels and the RPG

Free League Publishing and Titan Books today announced a collaboration to publish a unified storyline set within the ALIEN Universe. For 2022 and into 2023, the editorial and writing teams will share assets and coordinate plotlines to form a cohesive narrative across three original novels and the multiple award-winning ALIEN RPG.

"The ALIEN RPG has established the 'Frontier War,' as remote human colonies come under assault by an unknown enemy, dropping a deadly pathogen that unleashes monsters on those worlds," Titan Acquisitions Editor Steve Saffel said. "At the same time, in the wake of the Titan novel Alien: Into Charybdis, political tensions on Earth reach a boiling point."

These dramatic events play out in the recently released ALIEN RPG: Colonial Marines Operations Manual by Free League and three upcoming trade paperback novels by Titan Books, each independent but all set against a dramatic galactic backdrop:

Alien: Colony War by David Barnett  (April 2022)
Alien: Inferno's Fall by Phillipa Ballantine and Clara Carija (July 2022)
Alien: Enemy of My Enemy by Mary SanGiovanni (February 2023)

The results will set the stage for further developments within the ALIEN Universe, as depicted in the roleplaying game and original fiction.

Find out more about the novel Alien: Colony War here.

To further establish the connection between the game and the novels, the ALIEN RPG lead setting writer Andrew E.C. Gaska will develop three unique RPG scenarios which will appear as bonus features in the books, one per novel. The first such scenario, Fallout, is included in Alien: Colony War. Readers intrigued by these adventures will have the opportunity to further explore the RPG experience.
About time you think general vaguh from cmom will show up is some way shes proably one of my favorite npc in it

Still Collating...

Well this is great news! I love what they're doing with the RPG.

Kailem

Honestly I think this is super freaking cool.

I love the work that RPG has done to create a cohesive Alien universe, and the fact that more and more parts of the EU are actively making an effort to connect to one another like this is awesome.

I know with other EUs (Star Wars) it can start to get silly wondering whether or not some mobile phone game is considered "canon" or whatever, but this feels like the first time Alien has truly tried to bring everything together in the same sort of way, and I'm totally down with that (so much so that one of my biggest fears with the TV show is that it's going to come along and mess everything up on that front! :laugh:).

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 10, 2022, 08:16:33 PM
Honestly I think this is super freaking cool.

I love the work that RPG has done to create a cohesive Alien universe, and the fact that more and more parts of the EU are actively making an effort to connect to one another like this is awesome.

I know with other EUs (Star Wars) it can start to get silly wondering whether or not some mobile phone game is considered "canon" or whatever, but this feels like the first time Alien has truly tried to bring everything together in the same sort of way, and I'm totally down with that (so much so that one of my biggest fears with the TV show is that it's going to come along and mess everything up on that front! :laugh:).
There a reason a moive and a tv show in the same franchise is not made at the same time udally one ends up cancelled

BlueMarsalis79

Wow awesome, this rules, and it is all the result of Into Charybdis then deservedly so.

Local Trouble

Will SM be involved?

BlueMarsalis79

Local Trouble

You have your sources.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed