Prometheus soundtrack on iTunes!

Started by Glaive, May 15, 2012, 08:03:29 AM

Author
Prometheus soundtrack on iTunes! (Read 56,402 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 19, 2012, 09:49:57 PM
What I mean is I put several of those tracks in a whole other tier of really iconic movie themes and such that are just incomparable.  I feel it's unfair to pit any score - including all the Alien ones - against stuff like that, in terms of how it rates.  That's an exercise in self-fulfilling prophecy, IMO.

Hardly.

It's just very good music.

One should never go into something expecting it to be "just not as good as the classics." That's why everything turns out so lame anyway.

of the Doom flick, the writer David Callaham wrote "There was no way I was going to match Doom 3 in terms of atmosphere and scare factor." That's... Giving up, right off the bat.

It is entirely fair to rate the Prometheus score next to it's fellow Alien soundtracks. It's fellow movie soundtracks for that matter. It should be able to stand on it's own two feet and be incredible. There's no reason not to expect that.

SpeedyMaxx

Of course, a score should aspire to greatness.  But I don't think putting it next to truly legendary scores and then saying "now that's real movie music!" is quite fair.  Of course that's great movie music, we all grew up with it, remember it.  Doesn't mean this score isn't very good, as well, for what it is.  For all we know someone's going to grow up and remember this.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 19, 2012, 10:05:20 PM
Hardly.

It's just very good music.

One should never go into something expecting it to be "just not as good as the classics." That's why everything turns out so lame anyway.

of the Doom flick, the writer David Callaham wrote "There was no way I was going to match Doom 3 in terms of atmosphere and scare factor." That's... Giving up, right off the bat.

It is entirely fair to rate the Prometheus score next to it's fellow Alien soundtracks. It's fellow movie soundtracks for that matter. It should be able to stand on it's own two feet and be incredible. There's no reason not to expect that.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 19, 2012, 09:06:05 PM
As an addendum, and Imho the score for Alien Resurrection was one of the worst scores that I've ever heard.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyQQ6SogZ0

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2012, 01:46:43 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/5yg5mt.jpg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyQQ6SogZ0

Indeed. I'm not big on A:R, but it does have a very interesting, beautiful score. Very haunting.

Hey, Cvalda, take a look at this:

Spoiler

[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 20, 2012, 02:09:39 AM
Spoiler

[close]
:laugh:
Didn't work, though. :'(

RagingDragon

Nobody is on when I'm on, then everybody gets on and posts 4,298 f**king posts before I catch up!

You all are freaking impulsive, or I just have terrible timing. :laugh:

Anyway, I agree with you Cvalda... I've been playing the score on repeat on my MP3, and though I love it, most of the tracks I really stop to listen to seem to be in the beginning, besides Collision, and that Alien theme of course catches my ear, but you're right, it just ends.

It's started over several times and I barely noticed until I recognized that awesome (but short) Planet track.  I've also been staring at the track listings for awhile trying to make sense of them, it does seem very thrown together and doesn't flow.  But then again, the order suggests that it's random and will be fairly different from the arrangement in the film.

Dunno what to think, but I'm gonna be all over that Resurrection score as soon as humanly possible.  I listen to it all the damn time on Youtube, but upon reading that, my pants have filled with audio glee.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 20, 2012, 02:50:31 AM
Dunno what to think, but I'm gonna be all over that Resurrection score as soon as humanly possible.  I listen to it all the damn time on Youtube, but upon reading that, my pants have filled with audio glee.
Get the two disc set, RagingDragon, it's an excellent score that really needs to be heard in its full 90+ minutes to be appreciated. :) Samples and more here:

http://lalalandrecords.com/AlienResurrection.html

War Wager

War Wager

Listened to it in it's entirety - damn this music is delicious (if that even makes sense in context)

So many different moods and themes; part adventure, dread, terror and tragedy. Easily one of the best scores if heard in a long time. Listening to 'Friend from the past'... lil bit of pee came out. Curious to see whats happening on screen when it's played.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2012, 02:54:19 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on May 20, 2012, 02:50:31 AM
Get the two disc set, RagingDragon, it's an excellent score that really needs to be heard in its full 90+ minutes to be appreciated. :) Samples and more here:

http://lalalandrecords.com/AlienResurrection.html

and War Wager with the funniest shit I've read all day. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed