The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 82,026 times)

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 04, 2018, 09:49:10 AM
Great to hear about the first good reaction. Maybe we will get the best-reviewed movie since...since forever?

It's a solid movie. But, people will always find things to pick it apart. 

TheBATMAN

I appreciate you can't go into detail, but can you just confirm if the Pred vision sounds have been recycled from P1 and P2? I hate the way they were changed for AVP and Predators as for me its such a staple of the character.

I know they were recycled for the trailers, but then the same was done for AVP and Predators.

Cheers.

von

von

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 04, 2018, 10:12:46 AM
I appreciate you can't go into detail, but can you just confirm if the Pred vision sounds have been recycled from P1 and P2? I hate the way they were changed for AVP and Predators as for me its such a staple of the character.

I know they were recycled for the trailers, but then the same was done for AVP and Predators.

Cheers.

same for me! those sounds just add a creepy dimension to the predator's thermal vision. when Shane talked about staying faithful to the original sounds, i hope it applies to their vision too

SyntaX

SyntaX

Cheers.

You mean the "thumping" sound when a Predator stalks it's prey?

They are the same and sound crisp as f*ck (for the Fugitive that is)
There are new sounds though ... but all in all, it's more of the original sounds.

The Assassins is a bit different.

goose_3387

Is the Assassin Predator a worthy entry to the franchise?

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 04, 2018, 10:28:51 AM

Yes and "no".

For me, a Predator was always meant to use tactics to get his prey. Stealth, tactics, a clear vision ... and he executes that to perfection. The Assassin on the other hand ... not so much  :laugh: It took me a while to accept that this "Predator" is different.

von

von

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 10:27:51 AM

Cheers.

You mean the "thumping" sound when a Predator stalks it's prey?

They are the same and sound crisp as f*ck (for the Fugitive that is)
There are new sounds though ... but all in all, it's more of the original sounds.

The Assassins is a bit different.

Good to hear! Yes those constant thumping heartbeat sounds in the background and others that can be found here

Ramjet311

How is the Chemistry between The Loonies? Are they memorable or just throwaway characters?

PredBabe

Just tell us everything! ;)

Glad to hear your positive review, I had a feeling it could be up there with Predator 2 or surpass it in its own ways. Can't wait to see it!

skull-splitter

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 09:58:29 AM
Great to hear about the first good reaction. Maybe we will get the best-reviewed movie since...since forever?

Well, that kind of tends to happen when an established franchise undergoes alterations. It can be a solid film but at the same time be a Predator shitfest.

I look forward to it, but after four years and recently released material I'm not holding my breath.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 04, 2018, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 09:58:29 AM

Well, that kind of tends to happen when an established franchise undergoes alterations. It can be a solid film but at the same time be a Predator shitfest.

I look forward to it, but after four years and recently released material I'm not holding my breath.

Nothing will ever surpass Predator. Not even this one. That's just a fact.

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

I like Predator 2 more than the first, so what do I know...  :P

Really looking forward to this. Seeing it next Thursday afternoon.

georgeromero

Quote from: David 8 on Sep 04, 2018, 10:59:20 AM

Same here. And I really don't why is that. I can only guess it's something to do with City Hunter.

goose_3387

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 10:30:42 AM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 04, 2018, 10:28:51 AM

Yes and "no".

For me, a Predator was always meant to use tactics to get his prey. Stealth, tactics, a clear vision ... and he executes that to perfection. The Assassin on the other hand ... not so much  :laugh: It took me a while to accept that this "Predator" is different.

As a comparison, better than the Jurassic World Indominous though? In terms of not being just a big stupid movie monster?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: georgeromero on Sep 04, 2018, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: David 8 on Sep 04, 2018, 10:59:20 AM

Same here. And I really don't why is that. I can only guess it's something to do with City Hunter.

For me I think Predator is the better movie but enjoy watching Predator 2 more and that's probably due to City Hunter and seeing more kills and behavior of the predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed