Who would win?

Started by reptileboa, Jan 28, 2007, 01:26:07 AM

Who would win in a no weapons fight with 1 pred, 1 alien and 1 marine?

Predator
34 (40%)
Alien
39 (45.9%)
Marine
3 (3.5%)
Depends
9 (10.6%)
Don't Know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author
Who would win? (Read 24,545 times)

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

or you could trick it to fall into a pit of boiling copper, and then drop cold water on it ;D 

but I wouldn't count out the Preds in hand to hand, though not as dangerous as the Alien's natural weapons, if the Pred hit the key weaknesses, then we would have a dead alien. The chances of an expert in it's field rather then the 3 novices we witness to, has a much greater chance of survival.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2007, 11:49:17 PM
QuoteI would not say that the Pred is guaranteed to loose, just it only has about a 20% chance of winning with its bare hands.

20 times out of 100 is pretty good odds for a lifeform with no natural weaponry.  How could a Predator possibly beat an Alien hand to hand with no weapons?

I realize those are good odds.

I was trying to be fair. It could easily be 1 out of 100 times in favor of the Alien.

As for what a no weapons Pred could do?

Pull the Alien's head off of its neck or break it's neck. That is about it.

Be damn careful too because acid will be everywhere.

Keep in mind the Alien is also strong enough to pull off a Predators head as well.

20 out of 80 was just an educated guess, but from a physical standpoint alone, the Alien has a lot more.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 06, 2007, 03:12:30 AM
or you could trick it to fall into a pit of boiling copper, and then drop cold water on it ;D 

but I wouldn't count out the Preds in hand to hand, though not as dangerous as the Alien's natural weapons, if the Pred hit the key weaknesses, then we would have a dead alien. The chances of an expert in it's field rather then the 3 novices we witness to, has a much greater chance of survival.

That is using weapons.

What vulnerable points?

SM

SM

That was going to be my next question.

You could argue they have a soft spot at the side of their head - but it still took half a dozen bullets point blank and a few minutes thrashing around before it actually died.

QuotePull the Alien's head off of its neck or break it's neck. That is about it.

Can't even see this happening one time in a hundred.  Nay - ever.

Quoteor you could trick it to fall into a pit of boiling copper, and then drop cold water on it

heh...  ;D

But as you said - that isn't hand to hand combat.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

that's just it there can always be a potential weapon lying around, watch the Bourne Identity to know what I mean.  ;D

the neck and the head, or suppose the Pred pulls out the tail then shoves it into the drone's chest...

SM

SM

That I will grant you, is a possiblity, however small.

He'd have to get past the claws and teeth of course - one of the dumber bits of AvP was when Lex magically didn't get torn to shreds when she speared the Alien.

Or an acid shower.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

You could argue they have a soft spot at the side of their head - but it still took half a dozen bullets point blank and a few minutes thrashing around before it actually died.

true yet a decapitation to the head stops them imediately, but that's back to weapons. head I suppose is pretty much the only weakness we know of.

Can't even see this happening one time in a hundred.  Nay - ever.

well the alien's head is already built like a large knob, it shouldn't be hard to twist and turn.  ;D

heh...  Grin

But as you said - that isn't hand to hand combat.

no that's just clever thinking. to be the master of defense, you shouldn't be in the place that is attacked.

a human has to use it's natural strength, intelligence.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 06, 2007, 03:37:27 AM

a human has to use it's natural strength, intelligence.

True, humans rely on our intelligence to survive. part of that would be to use a projectile weapon, or at least a melee weapon if no projectile ones are there.

BUT hand to hand in this case, has LITTLE to do with smarts, and I doubt if you were fighting a pissed off Tiger that you would be able to "out smart him".

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

what if it was Bruce Lee who fights a tiger ?  ;D

I say maybe 2 or 3 percent of humans have a chance at survival. there is always the x factor as well, where things don't always happen the same way. 

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 06, 2007, 10:09:33 PM
what if it was Bruce Lee who fights a tiger ?  ;D

I say maybe 2 or 3 percent of humans have a chance at survival. there is always the x factor as well, where things don't always happen the same way. 

Sorry to Bruce, and I would never want to fight him either, but I still give the advantage to the Tiger.

There is a reason he never had a fight with a big carnivorous animal.

Besides this, the Marine, or Soldier, or whatever special forces or special opps guys you have fighting an Alien in hand to hand, and they are still screwed.

Even IF they could kill a Tiger barehanded, which is absurd in and of itself, the Tiger does not have molecular acid for blood, or an exoskeleton that requires point blank range shots on the sides of its head or light armor piercing (minimum) rounds anywhere else to injure, and is strong enough to punch through solid steel.

Even a regular human hosted alien is still very tough in a physical fight.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ I wasn't being serious  ::)

I'm not saying a human could win in a fist fight(that's just silly), instead if the human could use his or her wits to evade the creature, then that's their only chance at survival. Otherwise no chance, now for the Predator if he's an expert in hand to hand, and having strength as a key attribute it has about perhaps a 30 percent chance of succeeding.

Celtic withstood the Alien for about 8 mins with just brute strength, even though he died a novice that's still much better then a human. Now perhaps if we had a master...... 

though it might be an absurd idea of fighting a tiger bare fisted, doesn't Mike Tyson do that for fun ?  ;D

SM

SM

Quotefor about 8 mins with just brute strength

Closer to 3 mins.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

how about we round it to 5, I don't feel like getting my dvd to just time the fight.

skuLLy

skuLLy

I would say a predator >blooded level.....those preds will use their own strength and cunningness to kill an alien.....preds are butes, warriors, they can lift an alien off the ground with one hand by its neck without even get scratched or anything yet....majority of the fan art between avp....i mostly see preds owning with their strength against an alien..i only see queens really killing preds...lol..but preds are also beasts too....i do see monstrosity in a pred....especially if its unarmed...it will use its natural strength and cunningness and with that will obviously kill the alien by somewhat ripping the limbs off of or somethin and yea  the pred will also take some damage...he proly wont feel it till afterwards.......but strength all the way for the pred....rip an aliens limb off somehow....crush an alien skull or w.e........a lion weighs more than an alien....n i think a pred also lifted that shit up i think with 1 hand again.....i dunno.....i think....but yea any preds higher than blooded level will mostly win.......they would think of it like a tough practice challenge for them.....besides its only 1 alien.....thats too easy....preds only get owned by aliens if their overwhelmed by them.....thats a disgraceful question to experienced preds....

SM

SM

Quotehow about we round it to 5, I don't feel like getting my dvd to just time the fight.

I have timed it, while comparing certain sequences from the the Alien films.  It's around the 3 minute mark.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed