Sad after watching Aliens

Started by Billiken, Dec 27, 2020, 11:03:53 PM

Author
Sad after watching Aliens (Read 12,502 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Guess I'm throwing on the sunglasses here, 'cause the fact that Jean-Pierre Jeunet directed one of these things is still wild to me and not something I'm looking to forget. :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 28, 2019, 07:28:55 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 24, 2014, 08:29:11 PM
I hate Alien Resurrection with the white-hot blazing fury of a million exploding suns.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 05, 2017, 09:06:32 AM
I hate AR even more than I hate myself.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

When I first saw the title of the thread I thought that someone finally feels the same way I do, but it turned out the OP is sad for different reasons. Ever since I saw Aliens, when it ends it brings a feeling of great sadness because , first of all, you see how many have died and that almost nobody comes back from the assigned military team, and the eerie, dark music played during the credits reinforced the feeling for me. Its a feeling of loss, feeling that something terrible has happened and most didnt make it. Thats why I get the sad feeling

Highland

Highland

It's only sad after what happened with A3 ( which is a good film btw). Knowing that sweet little ending means jack shit is tough.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

But see, I never felt it was a sweet ending. Sure, Ripley and Newt are seemingly cured from PTSD having conquer/destroy their fear evokers, but theyre going back in someone elses ship with all the crew dead and wiped out side from one. Aside from barely alive Hicks, no one had made it. Again, with the ominous music playing during the credits it always has been an eerie ending for me

skhellter

skhellter

Yeah, the music was always ominous and had an uncertain tone to it.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 02, 2021, 03:46:10 AM
But see, I never felt it was a sweet ending. Sure, Ripley and Newt are seemingly cured from PTSD having conquer/destroy their fear evokers, but theyre going back in someone elses ship with all the crew dead and wiped out side from one. Aside from barely alive Hicks, no one had made it. Again, with the ominous music playing during the credits it always has been an eerie ending for me

The music is uplifting as they drift off to sleep. The little girl made it after hell and back and Ripley destroyed the Alien.

Introducing ...Alien 3.

SM

SM

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 02, 2021, 03:46:10 AM

It was a sweet ending for the main character.  She gained a new family as her reward.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Family that would have emotional resonance to lose if it wasn't in the opening credits. :-\

BlueMarsalis79

Personally I think it's fine to kill off characters on the first frame no matter the prior importance of them, so long as it then fuels the lead actor's performance, and I think in Sigourney Weaver's case it's more than worth it.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 02, 2021, 07:24:06 PM
https://sixactstructure.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/4ea872fd-0c8a-42cb-8dff-af7fa103d36a.gif

Personally I think it's fine to kill off characters on the first frame no matter the prior importance of them, so long as it then fuels the lead actor's performance, and I think in Sigourney Weaver's case it's more than worth it.

This.

skhellter

skhellter

In many ways Logan was more cruel to its lead characters than Alien3
and somehow it was mostly embraced by audiences and critics.

It's not too hard to understand why

Spoiler
Its story doesn't depend as hard on stupid contrivances like A3
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

If Logan was Alien 3 of X-Men movies, then what was Aliens of that franchise ?

skhellter

skhellter

none of them.

BlueMarsalis79

The closest's probably both X-Men United and X-Men Days Of Future Past.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed