Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,630 times)

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 07, 2018, 04:50:10 AM
Regardless, ultimately the point is that the good decisions;
that made the MCU what it is today did not come from Disney.
That's fair.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SiL on Nov 07, 2018, 05:04:20 AM
That's fair.

Ya, this is true.  Marvel truly is the house of ideas inside the house of mouse.

Immortan Jonesy

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 07, 2018, 11:18:05 AM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 07, 2018, 05:04:20 AM
That's fair.

Ya, this is true.  Marvel truly is the house of ideas inside the house of mouse.

This is the guy. Kevin Feige. The President of Marvel Studios. The buck stops with him. He is the decision maker, not Disney executives, and always will be unless he quits or stops printing money. Marvel fans are so lucky to have him.

Eldritch_DM

I just hope our beloved franchises are not shelved indefinitely... with no hope of any future material film, comics, video games, toys, games etc.

I mean, Fox is making a big push for the 40th Anniversary for Alien Day in 2019 soo... something's still going on.

Corporal Hicks

Theatrically things maybe quiet for a while. Alien is very much alive in the EU. Predator seems quiet for the meantime.

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

Feeling a Wolverine vs Predator movie is imminent now... ;)

* For the record I know Fox had Wolverine and Predator already, but under the Marvel deal they couldn't mix Marvel characters with other established franchises.

XenoHunter99

That was a fun short. There's a Batman AVP short, too.

Eldritch_DM

So does this mean it was solidified soon than expected?

Magegg

Magegg

I hope Disney instantly cancels Alien: Awakening and instantly greenlights/reworks Blomkamp's Ripley's return.

That's exactly what the Alien franchise needs right now: go back mainstream and bring back the old audience by making their most loved hero return. An injection of crowd-pleasing joy, for a change this time.

Also, bring back Schwarzenneger in a new Predator movie.

Probably even a crossover, Ripley and Dutch; through a time warp/time-travelling story, cryogenia or something.

Put JJ Abrams or Kevin Feige to supervise. Make it a trilogy. Alien, Predator, then Alien vs Predator. Just rebuild. Reboot the franchise. Make Alien and Predator great again.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 03, 2019, 06:07:18 PM
I hope Disney instantly cancels Alien: Awakening and instantly greenlights/reworks Blomkamp's Ripley's return.

That's exactly what the Alien franchise needs right now: go back mainstream and bring back the old audience by making their most loved hero return. An injection of crowd-pleasing joy, for a change this time.

Also, bring back Schwarzenneger in a new Predator movie.

Probably even a crossover, Ripley and Dutch; through a time warp/time-travelling story, cryogenia or something.

Put JJ Abrams or Kevin Feige to supervise. Make it a trilogy. Alien, Predator, then Alien vs Predator. Just rebuild. Reboot the franchise. Make Alien and Predator great again.

And how would you feel if it was PG-13?

Magegg

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 03, 2019, 06:15:32 PMAnd how would you feel if it was PG-13?
I'll be perfectly fine with it. I've always liked these franchises for the sci-fi/thriller/action thing rather than the horror thing.

You can do a lot of things with PG13 anyway; I've read it has more to do with the language than with the violence.

Covenant was a gratuitious gorefest and it didn't please most of the audience anyway. We need a turn to the other side, for a change.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed