Amazon Pre-order Details

Started by Predaker, Nov 24, 2012, 06:29:20 AM

Author
Amazon Pre-order Details (Read 29,998 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 28, 2012, 05:05:00 PM
The S.H.A.R.P. Rifle is absolutely f**king awesome! Thanks Gearbox, this will prove to make awesome canon!

How so?

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Frag this- give us an exclusive skin for the Xenos! This "S.H.A.R.P" rifle will no doubt suck, due to lag in-game, just like Mass Effect 3's Kishock Harpoon gun.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of them taking little mentions and expanding them like the Ball Breakers but I think this is going a little far if they're actually trying to imply this is what Hudson meant. That said, it does seem like a cool little rifle. Just not sure how well it fits in with the universe.

Predaker

Predaker

I think it's fairly obvious that "sharp sticks" was not intended to be slang for some form of high tech weaponry. They were already stretching it with the sonic electronic ball breakers. That worked out well, this new rifle not so much.

At least it sounds fun to use.  :)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

My balls are busting as I salivate over the impending canon heavy macho extravaganza!

Predaker

Predaker

"We got knives and sharp sticks" was not intended to be a reference to high tech weaponry, it was a show of bravado.

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

I hope James Cameron has remained at least proud enough of this film to punch Randy Pitchford in the face next time he mentions cannon and Aliens in the same sentence.

Gearbox you god damn morons!!!! How could you screw up such a simple idea so spectacularly?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Nov 29, 2012, 12:44:40 AM
I hope James Cameron has remained at least proud enough of this film to punch Randy Pitchford in the face next time he mentions cannon and Aliens in the same sentence.

Gearbox you god damn morons!!!! How could you screw up such a simple idea so spectacularly?

Let the butthurt flow through you

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

"Dude, you know what this game could do with?"
"What?"
"Some Predators..."
"I know, I know! But... Look, I know it's tempting, but..."
"And one of those... Combistick things... Dude, those were awwwesome!"
"Is 'combistick' even a real word? Don't normal people just call those 'spears'?"
"Shut up! I want one! Let's... I know! We'll give the Marines one!"
"Well... Heh... I dunno', how would we get away with-"
"We'll make it look like a gun!"
"A gun which fires sticks?"
"Uhh... It'll be a big gun!"
"Could it look... Chunky? Like a brick. Chunky is futuristic."
"You couldn't even lift this thing up!"
"Yeah! Let's do it!"

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2012, 09:53:41 PM
Just not sure how well it fits in with the universe.
It doesn't. Its like to use a crossbow in a present day battle scenario. This gun will be either very op or totally useless. How some slow metal bolts firing weapon can be good in fight in close quarters is beyond me. And I can bet that GBX made it one shot kill weapon to compensate the slow rate of fire.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Good thing Hudson didn't mention rocks in his speech; Gearbox would probably take it to mean grenades. :D

I do like this rifle though. Might be fun in single player sniping bad WY guys, or whatever.

Prime113

Prime113

:laugh: :laugh: What the hell? I've been pretty supportive so far, but this is just damn silly.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Did nobody read the blurb?
It's not just a spear gun,
QuotePre-order and get "The S.H.A.R.P. Rifle"
Customers who pre-order Aliens: Colonial Marines will receive "The S.H.A.R.P. Rifle" free. As referenced by Hudson in Aliens™ the prototype sonic-harpoon artillery remote projectile (S.H.A.R.P.) rifle fires time-delayed, explosive-tipped darts that embed themselves into enemies or terrain. This offer applies to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time
It's like a torque bow, still pretty silly but c'mon we went there as soon as Hadley's hope survived.

Stratocaster

Stratocaster

If you pre order a Gearbox product you will only have yourself to blame. I have paid for 3 Gearbox games in my life and they all sucked and were a waste of money. >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed