NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,192 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I repainted a warrior body for my Mantis alien, it worked out pretty well and I haven't had any problems with the soft material. I also don't bend the tail that much though

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah I think the tail will be getting an extra thick sealing coat and not moved much once it's done.

Predalien91

Predalien91

I might be one of the few that gives the Newborn a pass for what it is. But that I mean it's passable and I'll buy it. The only thing that kinda bugs me is its not really scale accurate as it looks to big. I'll glady accept it for what it is because we know NECA won't return back and redo it considering they've dragged their feet on touching the Newborn for being unpopular in the Alien fandom.

Side note I'm extremely excited my Snake and Scorpion Alien should be at my doorstep tomorrow! 😁

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm waiting for Scorpion and Apone as well. Any day now. So excited for them!

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Just got the scorpion, snake and apone! My first two Alien toys were the original Kenner scorpion and snake so I'm absolutely loving the nostalgia of it all!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I think my only "gripes" about the Snake are the superfluous articulated spines, the lack of translucency like the original toy, and the tip of the tail not being like the original toy's was.

Also this isn't really a criticism, but it's interesting how the Scorpion Alien is a lot of pre-existing parts with a bunch of random stuff tacked on them. It's an effective way to make the figure look "new" without actually creating all-new limbs.

I do wish it used the 'Aliens' hands instead of the 'Alien resurrection' hands, though.

dHunter333

dHunter333

AvP arcade aliens and human 2 pack on Neca calendar for 5/14 and 5/20
Finally!

http://necaonline.com/events/2019-05/

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's awesome news!

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Really excited for the Arcade human 2 pack!

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Awesome! Along with the Upgrade predator, may is gonna be one fantastic month.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2019, 06:36:53 AM
I think my only "gripes" about the Snake are the superfluous articulated spines

Which ones? The "ribs"?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 24, 2019, 10:19:22 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2019, 06:36:53 AM
I think my only "gripes" about the Snake are the superfluous articulated spines

Which ones? The "ribs"?
Yeah, the purple-tipped spines on the ribs.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

dHunter333

dHunter333

Looks great!!!

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Awesome, great news. Brett and Parker are a must have for me.

P.S. Neca finally fixed* the neck joint on the alien warrior!

*That's a new joint there

Ironically, it's stiff. Like a rock. If you know what you're doing, try loosening it. I used a hairdryer and a thin, sharp knife to pick at the seems of the stuck joint and it worked. Don't brake the figure. Half a minute to a minute of hairdryer action, depending on how hot it is, then pick at the joint, gently. Then repeat. Use force, but never go crazy. And it gives way eventually after a few minutes and trials. You get this:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed