Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,375 times)

Whiskeybrewer

If there's a Labyrinth vibe, i may have to get it

The Alien Predator

Very interesting!

What is
Spoiler
ALS
[close]
?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2017, 01:57:29 PMBeen having a couple of exchanges with Alex on Twitter. He says if you like Labryinth, you'll like Cold Forge!

This is becoming increasingly interesting.

I thought the bulk of the story in Labyrinth was disappointingly generic, but there's no denying that hive flashback is the single greatest thing to come out of the EU.

Hyperdyne120-a2

Now that sounds cool-

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 14, 2017, 08:12:41 PM
Very interesting!

What is
Spoiler
ALS
[close]
?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis

QuoteAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neurone disease (MND) and Lou Gehrig's disease, is a specific disease that causes the death of neurons which control voluntary muscles.[5][3][10] Some also use the term motor neuron disease for a group of conditions of which ALS is the most common.[2] ALS is characterized by stiff muscles, muscle twitching, and gradually worsening weakness due to muscles decreasing in size.[2] This results in difficulty speaking, swallowing, and eventually breathing.[3][2]

GreybackElder

Must. Purchase.New. Alien. Novel.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 15, 2017, 07:26:01 AM
Very interesting!

What is
Spoiler
ALS
[close]
?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis

QuoteAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neurone disease (MND) and Lou Gehrig's disease, is a specific disease that causes the death of neurons which control voluntary muscles.[5][3][10] Some also use the term motor neuron disease for a group of conditions of which ALS is the most common.[2] ALS is characterized by stiff muscles, muscle twitching, and gradually worsening weakness due to muscles decreasing in size.[2] This results in difficulty speaking, swallowing, and eventually breathing.[3][2]

Thanks Hicks.

This is what Steven Hawking has.

EJA

EJA

Ridley Scott will only destroy it sooner or later.

felix

felix

Synopsis is up.
https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=10990860

QuoteA dramatic new Alien novel, as Weyland-Yutani seeks to recover from the failure of Hadley's Hope, and successfully weaponize the Xenomorphs.

With the failure of the Hadley's Hope, Weyland-Yutani has suffered a devastating defeat—the loss of the Aliens. Yet there's a reason the company rose to the top, and they have a redundancy already in place. Remote station RB-323 abruptly becomes their greatest hope for weaponizing the Xenomorph, but there's a spy aboard—someone who doesn't necessarily act in the company's best interests. If discovered, this person may have no choice but to destroy RB-323...and everyone on board. That is, if the Xenomorphs don't do the job first.

SM

SM

Very interesting!

What is
Spoiler
ALS
[close]
?

It's why everyone was dumping buckets of icy water on their heads a couple of years back.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: felix on Sep 20, 2017, 11:45:17 AM
Synopsis is up.
https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=10990860

QuoteA dramatic new Alien novel, as Weyland-Yutani seeks to recover from the failure of Hadley's Hope, and successfully weaponize the Xenomorphs.

With the failure of the Hadley's Hope, Weyland-Yutani has suffered a devastating defeat—the loss of the Aliens. Yet there's a reason the company rose to the top, and they have a redundancy already in place. Remote station RB-323 abruptly becomes their greatest hope for weaponizing the Xenomorph, but there's a spy aboard—someone who doesn't necessarily act in the company's best interests. If discovered, this person may have no choice but to destroy RB-323...and everyone on board. That is, if the Xenomorphs don't do the job first.

Hmmm...I wonder if this is going to be following on from River of Pain in terms of Hadley's Hope being deliberately there to follow up on the Nostromo mystery?

HuDaFuK

I never really liked the idea of Wey-Yu establishing Hadley's Hope intentionally to find Aliens; the way the film presented it may have been a big coincidence, but I thought it played far better. That said, if it does link into River of Pain, it'll be nice seeing the books tying into each other like that.

Ultramorph

Well, that answers when this is set. I'm really looking forward to this.

Nostromo

Sounds like a cool story

Russ840

This is sounding interesting.

Ill Echo Huda's thoughts on Hadley's being a deliberate attempt to follow up on the Nostromo. I prefer that it's a coincidence. Although a big one at that   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed