Katherine Waterston Channels Her Inner Ripley in New Alien: Covenant Still

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2016, 08:13:30 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston Channels Her Inner Ripley in New Alien: Covenant Still (Read 29,114 times)

Corporal Hicks

A brand new Alien: Covenant still shows an armed Daniels. Entertainment Weekly has just posted a new still of Katherine Waterston as Daniels! The new still shows an armed Waterston channeling her inner Ripley in this Aliens looking costume. Alongside the brand new image are several comments by Waterston and Ridley Scott:

“If 2012's kinda-sorta Alien prequel Prometheus was confusing, Scott says this film will provide some answers. ­"Covenant is really going to show you who did it and why."

New Alien: Covenant still shows an armed Daniels

There’s nothing new really said in the other comments but you can check out the full article for the additional comments.

Waterson recently spoke about similarities between Daniels and Ripley, saying that: “"We [Ridley Scott] never really talked about it," Waterston replied. "I mean, I — obviously I love her, and I love what she did," Waterson explained, adding that there were "obvious parallels" to be found between the two characters. Waterston made sure to add, "But we never — we never talked about that."

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Ingwar

I couldn't resist ;D

Wobblyboddle77

Great picture, looks very retro aliens, i'm loving what i see

BishopShouldGo

I don't like Daniels' hair at all, but oooooh well.

Stolen

Pretty good. This time, it's war!

Give me the trailer now!

Samus007

I seriously cannot wait to see this movie.

szkoki

What the f**k...why copy everything? Im so confused. Really Ridley is the director?

Predatorium

mirek

mirek

can clearly remember the hype with all the teasers, trailers and stills before prometheus came out. everything was so perfect but then it came out and ... ouch

not saying prometheus is bad but .... you know what i mean guys

Lonely Universe

Pff. Is that a Mossimo tank top? I refuse to believe that in 100+ years we'll still be running around in the same tank tops. They could have at least put some piping on there.

bobby brown

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Dec 20, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
Pff. Is that a Mossimo tank top? I refuse to believe that in 100+ years we'll still be running around in the same tank tops. They could have at least put some piping on there.

But Hawaiian shirts are fine then I guess?

Inverse Effect

Maybe Prometheus will make sense after this movie. Probably gonna rewatch Prometheus with my girlfriend, i think i need to go back to it

whiterabbit

haha, Ridley stole NB's Ripley idea by hiring a Ripley look alike. I can imagine the fight over using old Ripley vs another actress who looks like Ripley. It's the same damn thing.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Ridley Scott on Dec 20, 2016, 08:13:30 PM
Covenant is really going to show you who did it and why.

Who did what? Create Aliens?

Not looking forward to that, if so. :-[ I always preferred them as having evolved naturally.

robbritton

Well, read that as 'one armed Daniels' and now I don't know what to think.

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Dec 20, 2016, 08:31:27 PM

Ha! Nice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed