DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 76,808 times)

Ultramorph

It won't be revoked, that would go into breach of contract or paying out contracts and getting nothing for it, but when it comes time to renew, it's a pretty safe bet it will go to Marvel.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 15, 2017, 11:12:08 PM
It won't be revoked, that would go into breach of contract or paying out contracts and getting nothing for it, but when it comes time to renew, it's a pretty safe bet it will go to Marvel.

When will renewal occur?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I have no idea at all.

Closest thing to a statement from Dark Horse is this tweet from earlier today:
https://twitter.com/darkhorsecomics/status/941722433752522752

Even they don't know yet.

Russ840

Interesting. I would imagine that it depends on wether or not Disney see it as lucrative to take control (marvel start publishing) the Aliens/Predator IP. Star Wars was a given because its so profitable. Perhaps this may not be as worth it.

Ultramorph

That's sort of my hope: Disney cares enough to keep the license alive, but not enough to rock the boat too much. Maybe they'll get that this license just doesn't work at Marvel.

Xiggz456

On October 30, 2012 Disney acquires Lucasfilm.

On October 1, 2014 Dark Horse releases the TPB of it's final Star Wars series "Darth Maul Son of Dathomir"

Hopefully this means that Dark Horse has at least 2 years to publish new material. If so "Dust to Dust" could potentially be another 17 issue big crossover that continues and concludes the established story arc from Fire and Stone/Life and Death. I sure hope they go out with a bang and bring us several new stories before their license expires.

Ultramorph

That's a good point. Just saw a story that Democrats in Congress want to investigate/possibly shut down the deal, and that means we could be looking at two years of legal wrangling before it happens. Plenty of time for DH to tell some final stories.

Russ840

That's encouraging. Why are they looking into the deal. Is it to do with laws regarding monopolisation?

Ultramorph

Yeah, they always look into deals like this to see if it violates anti-trust laws.

Russ840

So it would seem like we have, even if all goes well with the acquisition, a fair bit of time till Dark Horse could be looking at loosing the licence.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The official announcement! Starts on April 24.

Gabriel Hardman will be both writing and illustrating, so it's similar to Dead Orbit in that respect. It's a stand alone story about a mother and child escaping a planet overrun by xenos.

https://www.cbr.com/aliens-dust-to-dust-gabriel-hardman-interview/

Russ840

Russ840

See. Told you that you normally beat me to it Ultra lol :laugh:

I have really enjoyed Hardman's art in the past. Im interested to see how he writes.  Looking forward to this.

Corporal Hicks

Perfect-Organism

Tropic Thunders!  Awesome!  Is that going to be a sequel to Tropic Thunder?   ;D

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like it wont be going down the Aliens route but sticking more to an Alien style. I can't wait to see some of the interior artwork from this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed