Prey Critic Review Thread

Started by Darkness, Aug 03, 2022, 03:09:39 PM

Author
Prey Critic Review Thread (Read 34,900 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 10, 2022, 05:39:35 PMgood god RLM is still around, what a bunch of absolute crock

Based

Kradan

Kradan

Ok, I  have a question: what does "based" mean ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 11, 2022, 11:10:12 AMOk, I  have a question: what does "based" mean ?

QuoteBased is a slang term that originally meant to be addicted to crack cocaine (or acting like you were), but was reclaimed by rapper Lil B for being yourself and not caring what others think of you—to carry yourself with swagger.

And in modern internet parlance, can mean several things, one of which is "I agree with that statement".

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I apologize for my boyfriend's opinions in this matter. lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 11, 2022, 04:53:59 AMOmega is probably a prequels apologist
YOU CANNOT STOP ME KRADAN

Kradan

Kradan

I guess I can't

Long Time Lurker

Long Time Lurker

I'm an unashamed SW prequel apologist and have always liked them despite their many flaws and would take them over most of what Disney has produced any day. I'm also a big RLM fan, however just like how i disagree with their views on the prequels,  I'd have to disagree with them on Prey. And while it wasn't exactly a glowing review, I am a little surprised that they liked as much as they did as they tend to emphasise the importance of characters (or at least good / charismatic actors to make up for it), which I thought this film was severely lacking.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Long Time Lurker on Aug 11, 2022, 02:38:06 PMI'm an unashamed SW prequel apologist and have always liked them despite their many flaws and would take them over most of what Disney has produced any day. I'm also a big RLM fan, however just like how i disagree with their views on the prequels,  I'd have to disagree with them on Prey. And while it wasn't exactly a glowing review, I am a little surprised that they liked as much as they did as they tend to emphasise the importance of characters (or at least good / charismatic actors to make up for it), which I thought this film was severely lacking.

Goddamn, we need more of this way of thinking

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Nah they're always right, evidenced by Jay liking Alien³ and liking Prey.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Not based.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Very based

Local Trouble

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 12, 2022, 03:06:22 AM
Quote from: Long Time Lurker on Aug 11, 2022, 02:38:06 PMI'm an unashamed SW prequel apologist

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 12, 2022, 12:06:11 AMNot based.

I do not endorse this use of my quotes, because The Phantom Menace is one of the only two Star Wars movies I can sit through. Whatever the other two prequels are called though, yes, those suck.

Kradan

Kradan

Please, please, don't tell me the other one is Rogue One

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 12, 2022, 09:03:42 AMPlease, please, don't tell me the other one is Rogue One

It is.

To be fair, R1 and TPM both make me roll my eyes a lot too, they're just tolerable compared to the rest of George and JJ's nonsense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed