More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 43,678 times)

goose_3387

goose_3387

The Pred/kid aspect is one of those things that we'll just have to wait and see on screen and see how it works within the context of the movie.

I didn't want another by the numbers Pred killing tough guys one by one movie. I wanted them to expand on what Predator 2 introduced and it looks like we might be getting that. Fingers crossed the team can give us something unique and good. I loved the whole government/alien aspect P2 started.

In regards to the cast I was vocal about wanting atleast one A list star. Hardy/Affleck/Gosling - I'd love to see these guys in a Predator movie. The announcements are disappointing at first but you can then move on and see what Black and the actors can deliver. Hopefully Black is happy with his cast. 2/3 years ago Dwayne Johnson would have been my top pick, top guy and top actor for this genre. However now the guy is too big, I feel like I'd just be watching him cash in on another franchise.

I'm hoping Black can get some solid performances out of this interesting cast and build a solid movie around them. Add a well designed and acted Predator to that and hopefullly it all comes together as one solid movie. Fingers crossed.

Corporal Hicks

I don't actually mind that leaked synopsis being true as it's a completely new narrative setup for a Predator film. I like that it doesn't sound like a rehash of the other films because, let's face it, they were somewhat basic.

In regards to Tremblay's character deciphering the Predator language - I'm with those who don't like the idea of it being the spoken language but I honestly don't mind the idea he's able to see something in the written language. There's plenty of different types of autism and I wont pretend to be an expert on the matter but my understanding is that there's some who are extremely focused on certain subjects so someone being autistic who has an intense interest in language really doesn't seem that much of a stretch.

He's another actor who I'm not familiar with but seems to have a lot of buzz and hype around him. By all accounts he's another talented actor and if that's the case, I'm very happy to have him aboard. I like that this cast seems to be about talent rather than flashy names.

Johnny Handsome

I like the idea of the kid seeing something in the Predator symbols because of his autism, like decoding certain messages or meanings. I wouldn't want the kid to speak directly with them though, that would be weird but i just like the fact that they want to expand some of the mythology and make them even more grounded as actual characters.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 26, 2017, 10:32:08 AM
I like the idea of the kid seeing something in the Predator symbols because of his autism, like decoding certain messages or meanings. I wouldn't want the kid to speak directly with them though, that would be weird but i just like the fact that they want to expand some of the mythology and make them even more grounded as actual characters.

I feel the same way. I'd hate to see the kid making clicking noises but reading the written language isn't something I'm too bothered by, especially if his character is an expert at linguistics. But it is great to see that Black and Dekker want to do something different than the usual hunt story.

Hemi

Iron man 3 was great....if you were European lol. We enjoyed that movie. (and I still do actually)

Plot sounds cool for this one. Kinda like the Predator comic "Invaders from the 4th dimension"

This looks like a winner to me, and I don't need the Rock for this to work. We got the Punisher!  :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hemi on Jan 26, 2017, 11:30:48 AMIron man 3 was great....if you were European lol. We enjoyed that movie. (and I still do actually)

Yeah, I really liked Iron Man 3. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a Shane Black film I didn't really enjoy.

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2017, 10:33:53 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 26, 2017, 10:32:08 AM

I feel the same way. I'd hate to see the kid making clicking noises but reading the written language isn't something I'm too bothered by, especially if his character is an expert at linguistics. But it is great to see that Black and Dekker want to do something different than the usual hunt story.

I have some knowledge on the subject and there are evidences of people with Asperger syndrome doing outstanding things in different fields, like linguistics, but what we are talking here is different thing entirely. I don't like the idea cause it's alien language. Not foreign. Alien! Made by creatures entirely different then  we are, with totally different structure , concetp and meaning. Reading predator symbols is like understanding their clicks and roars, impossible and preposterous.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Master on Jan 26, 2017, 04:14:30 PM
Not foreign. Alien! Reading predator symbols is like understanding their clicks and roars, impossible and preposterous.

It's illogical to think the clicks and roars are their language. I think those are just sounds made during the hunt for intimidation or to spook their prey. Let's not forget that Predators can speak English. We do not see them communicate with each other using a series of clicks and roars.

If we found an undiscovered group of tribal people in the amazon and they came at us screaming with their Spears hoisted up, would we think they communicate through screaming?

HuDaFuK

I think the idea of a gifted child developing some degree of understanding of the Yautja language could either be interesting or silly, depending on how it plays out.

Master

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 26, 2017, 04:20:39 PM
Quote from: Master on Jan 26, 2017, 04:14:30 PM
Not foreign. Alien! Reading predator symbols is like understanding their clicks and roars, impossible and preposterous.

It's illogical to think the clicks and roars are their language. I think those are just sounds made during the hunt for intimidation or to spook their prey. Let's not forget that Predators can speak English. We do not see them communicate with each other using a series of clicks and roars.

If we found an undiscovered group of tribal people in the amazon and they came at us screaming with their Spears hoisted up, would we think they communicate through screaming?

You're missing the point.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I don't have a problem with it if like Huda says, its handled properly. Considering the actual believability of this franchise in general its not really a problem.

It could go either way but I think it'll play out just fine with Black in the directors chair.

PredBabe

Quote from: Keith on Jan 26, 2017, 04:11:00 AM
This film needs someone like Benedict Cumberbatch in an over-the-top Bill Paxton role

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Middle-Finger.gif

Hah I'd love that! Him or Ethan Hawke would be fantastic news.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 26, 2017, 11:53:16 AM
https://twitter.com/JacobTremblay/status/824386679347646465

Little does he know he could just offer the Predator some candy.

I'm open to the kid concept though- might be amusing to watch.

BishopShouldGo

Lol some of you seriously want just another "A group of XYZ(people with guns) in the location of ABC(probably desert, you guys have such a desert boner. Story and characters > location) get picked off one by one by an alien hunter, while one character during the beginning of Act 3 makes a reference to Dutch's team).

Amazing.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 26, 2017, 04:47:01 PM
Lol some of you seriously want just another "A group of XYZ(people with guns) in the location of ABC(probably desert, you guys have such a desert boner. Story and characters > location) get picked off one by one by an alien hunter, while one character during the beginning of Act 3 makes a reference to Dutch's team).

Amazing.
Well what would you prefer?? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed