Sales

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Oct 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM

Author
Sales (Read 58,018 times)

EvilMark

EvilMark

As far as the line in Resurrection is concerned, it's actually rather vague.   "Ellen Ripley died trying to wipe this species out.  For all intents and purposes, she succeeded."  The phrase all intents and purposes could mean all kinds of different things ... I mean to the best of her knowledge she is killing the last known specimen when she jumps into the furnace, which could have been exactly what he meant, not that she really had succeeded.

Resurrection itself is one big plot hole, because Ripley's DNA would not also have the DNA of her parasite, they are different organisms with seperate DNA.  A:CM kinda missed an opportunity to explain that, cause it would have made more sense if Alien 3 was all a WY experiment to try and create a hybrid by experimenting on Ripley before having the embryo implanted.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 17, 2015, 11:08:25 PM
Engineer -

1. Maybe the specific group that are going to try and convince Ripley are unaware of the aliens on LV-426.

2. For the sake of having 2 research facilities. Having 1 on the ship means it's transportable.

In fact going back to 1. It's good to have more. Queen's are obviously rare and so having another is helpful (well it's destructive, but in the mind of a scientist, it's a good idea).

3. I don't remember how near by they were.

4. For the first point there: They're busy? You don't know where they were at the time. And if it is a case of Weyland Yutani being in control, it's not like Weyland Yutani were in a rush to help the people. It's logical in fact that they'd want the people to be killed first.
As for the second pont: Hick's distress call doesn't specify aliens. It just said that there were casualties and they needed help.

5. Yeah that one doesn't make sense.

"Things like, the wrong initials were used for pvt. Frost's first name on his locker, are smaller errors."

- Yeah how they failed at that I have no idea. You would think they'd have screenshots of the movie when creating these things.

In terms of 'Alien: Resurrection', it's a new company so you could say that they are unaware of the alien colony on LV-426, because officially it is destroyed.
Or you could say that the aliens are indeed eventually destroyed and the character wasn't being specific enough when he said that Ripley suceeded in destroying the aliens.

Yeah they were probably aiming to make a sequel. I find that unlikely though. Although I think if they did make a sequel, they would make sure it was good.
It's not a new company in resurrection. It's the military (and marines were involved, so I'd think the military were up to date on the facts)

1. Human bishop was apparently on the sulaco heading back to lv-426 when the EEV ejected. They were aware of the alien hive when they attempted to get ripley's embryo. Plus human bishop was the head honcho. He knew all of the plans...

2. That makes no sense to me. They have a well established hive and research facility on the moon, yet they go out of their way to back track and hijack the sulaco to create a second hive?? I can understand maybe intercepting the sulaco, but the second hive was completely uneccessary, illogical and sloppy. If it were me, I'd have let the sulaco go entirely. Ripley and hicks would have reported the complete destruction of the species, all the while unaware WY had managed to preserve the species and setup a research station after they left. Of course, this is assuming that ripley only got face-hugged as a result of WY hijacking their ship while in cryosleep.

3. They were onboard the sulaco when the EEV ejected. They were close enough to follow and retrieve ripley on the EEV within a few minutes of her landing on Fury. Yet they took several days to get to fury, allowing the events of alien 3 to take place.

4. The sephora marines would have been briefed with Ripleys account (they had it on disc). They knew why the sulaco was dispatched. It only makes sense that the sephora would have been briefed on ripleys report and the sulaco's mission. So they should have been aware of things like the alien life cycle, which would have made Bella's whole sob scene where a bishop-synthetic had to tell her she was going to die unessessary. The sephora battalion was dispatched from gateway station; same place the sulaco was dispatched from. It should have taken 17 days from lost-contact with sulaco to launch a rescue mission, yet instead it took them 17 weeks after Hicks sent a distress signal. 17 days vs. 17 weeks was probably a mistake on gearbox's part, someone wasn't paying attention and wrote "weeks" instead of "days." But ultimately, why did they wait for hick's distress signal? They lost contact with the colony and dispatched the sulaco pretty quick. You'd think that the sephora would have dispatched much more quickly when the sulaco didn't report in. No man left behind my ass! At this point, the military was acting independently from WY, too. So I doubt they would have waited so long without any contact with the sulaco to send a rescue mission...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 17, 2015, 04:13:33 PM- Well okay, 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' is full of plot holes; albeit minor details but yeah.

:laugh: Minor? The colony still being there when it should be "a vapor cloud the size of Nebraska" is not minor.

Quote from: Engineer on May 18, 2015, 01:31:28 AM2. That makes no sense to me. They have a well established hive and research facility on the moon, yet they go out of their way to back track and hijack the sulaco to create a second hive?? I can understand maybe intercepting the sulaco, but the second hive was completely uneccessary, illogical and sloppy.

More to the point, why advertise that it's you doing all this by putting your corporate logo all over everything on board the ship?!

Doggo33

Doggo33

Engineer -

1. Well as I said in my second point then, they just wanted more aliens.

2. No, they didn't search for the Sulaco for the sake of creating the hive. They had people for havesting on the Legato when they arrived on LV-426, they brought back some eggs to the ship for study as well as setting up a research facility on LV-426. Then they went to look for the Sulaco just for investigation, and the Xeno's broke loose on the Legato, and thus escaped onto the Sulaco.

So the Legato was always intended for breeding and research.
The LV-426 research facility was set up once they got there and realised the opportunity.
The Sulaco is just where aliens escaped from the Legato when docking.

3. Well they were really busy dealing with Hicks and people. Not to mention the aliens. So it's understandable that it took a while.

4. Fair enough that they should have been briefed on the aliens. That's the kind of plot hole that you can comes up with your own answer for easily enough though, as it is only a 'should in theory' not a 'did happen'.

5. Well other than the potential that the ship broke down, yeah that is a good point then. Whyy Gearbox? I really don't understand how they failed so badly.

HuDaFuk - Yeah the colony still being there has been covered. But that is the premise of the game; as in, what if it survived. Just like you don't question 'Dawn of the Dead' for having the undead. It's the premise of the film you've just got to accept (or not watch it).

EvilMark - Future cloning. It's sci-fi science.

Engineer

Engineer

Ok so aside from disagreeing about the severity of A:CM's plot holes, it sounds like we all agree that overall the game is of poor quality pretty much all around: story, voice acting, graphics, glitchyness, AI, etc...

So my real question is, why are we comparing it to A:I then? It seems like most people here agree that A:I excelled in most areas. I for one, am most impressed with the story and overall experience.

Doggo33

Doggo33

No. I like the story despite the plot holes, the voice acting's fine, there aren't many glitches, the human AI is fine. I agree about the alien AI, some plot holes being there, and significant areas of the graphics (but not all).

We are comparing it to 'Alien: Isolation' because I found 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' enjoyable enough and 'Alien: Isolation' quite overrated. Despite the gun issue now no longer being an issue, I still have problems with the story later in the game that I feel, to a degree, ruins it. I'm not saying anyone has to agree. It's just my opinion.

Engineer

Engineer

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion... But I have to ask, what the hell platform did you play A:CM on?!? I had glitches galore even with all the patches. The most annoying was the glitch that made the achievement/trophy for beating the raven under a certain time limit impossible to accomplish because they doubled its health! I had to clear my patches and play that part offline to get the achievement/trophy, and the glitches without those patches made playing it almost impossible just because the most random game-breaking s@$& would happen!!

Doggo33

Doggo33

Engineer - PS3.
Wow that's a really odd glitch.

Engineer

Engineer

Xbox360 for me... But my understanding was that it was a cross-platform glitch. You should have seen it on the PS3 too. Without the various patches, weird things happen like inability to shoot through open doorways (bullets hit an invisible wall, but you can still walk through it). After one of the patches, they broke the game in the opposite direction and made the raven achievement impossible to get. Sloppy! I've heard a lot of interviews from people involved in the project (like Michael biehn) who said gearbox didn't appear to be as enthusiastic about making the game as randy pitchford made it appear in his ads. It's pretty obvious gearbox didn't care so much, when you consider the game literally barely worked and the patches were not very thorough either... They did the bare minimum needed and abandond the game. A:I worked almost flawlessly for me. Big difference in quality AND quality control.

Doggo33

Doggo33

Nah I didn't experience those glitches at all.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 18, 2015, 10:32:10 PM
Nah I didn't experience those glitches at all.
You probably didn't experience most of those glitches because of the patches they put out... But let me ask you this: did you unlock the trophy for beating the raven on hard in under the given time limit?

Doggo33

Doggo33

Yup. I have 100% of trophies.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 18, 2015, 11:39:28 PM
Yup. I have 100% of trophies.
How long ago did you get that trophy? Do it offline? Or do it co-op?

Doggo33

Doggo33

I did split screen co-op. I can't remember when exactly. Early 2014 ish.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 19, 2015, 05:03:41 PM
I did split screen co-op. I can't remember when exactly. Early 2014 ish.
Then you must have had the patch. Lucky for you, it's possible if you are co-oping. I miss spoke slightly before. It's impossible solo because one person can't input enough damage on the raven to kill it in the given time limit... 2 or more players can, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed