Fangoria, anyone?

Started by SiL, Oct 17, 2007, 05:40:23 AM

Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 34,575 times)

Master

Master

When I firs saw Predalien, I thought that it would be looking quite nice without dreadlocks, but now I am not so sure. Of coure dreadlocks are still a thing that I despise, but I also have a feeling that this design was done fast and without proper care. They took normal alien, and glued him mandibles and dreadlocks. When they realised that glue is visible in the places where dreadlocks are atached to head they give him crown ;) But still I don`t feel any speciality or innovation in this desing, which IMHO should be in this creature cause it came from host that has nothing in common with any previous alien hosts.   

Jenga

Does anyone else think the coloring on the facehugger has less to do with a random change and more like an exact copy of the Predator body colors? Yellow skin with brown, airbrushed highlights. Little dark spots around those dark highlights? Bright pink area (although I know that area is already on the facehuggers in AVP and A:R but still...)  This is how you paint a predator (Predator 2 not withstanding).

I hate to say it but remember how we were all worried the Bros. comment about Chet wanting to reproduce? I would say this could be a big hint about that. I hope not but why the heck else would they paint the facebugger that way all of sudden? It would make sense from the logic of it being Chet's baby-maker.

Just saying...

Scree

Scree

The chestburster is good but I really love the facehugger. Painted like that it looks more scary and meaner and it also suits the [forest]enviroment.

SiL

SiL

Quotethats a stupid looking monster :o it looks like sh*t, aliens desgin is way better, i like chet a milion times better then that crap. 
It's ironic cos that pretty much is the Aliens design. I pity da fool who makes a dumbass of himself while bashing something ;D

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 18, 2007, 02:49:56 PM
The original alien has the best body, the aliens from "aliens" the best head, combine them and you have the prefect alien.
...That's exactly what the Aliens Aliens were.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: SiL on Oct 18, 2007, 08:38:02 PM
Quotethats a stupid looking monster :o it looks like sh*t, aliens desgin is way better, i like chet a milion times better then that crap. 
It's ironic cos that pretty much is the Aliens design. I pity da fool who makes a dumbass of himself while bashing something ;D

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 18, 2007, 02:49:56 PM
The original alien has the best body, the aliens from "aliens" the best head, combine them and you have the prefect alien.
...That's exactly what the Aliens Aliens were.

But the Alien alien was detailed to the smallest tube, while in Aliens they were spandex and plastic bits colored brown.

Old Painless

Old Painless

The colouring of the facehugger looks to me like it was only intended to be used in conjunction with the cinematography. It's something that's happened in other Alien movies amongst many others outside the franchise. Take a weird looking paint job, put it in the right balance of shadow and carefully placed light, and it looks absolutely fantastic. Trust me on this- i did model animation at university for three years!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 18, 2007, 10:58:26 PM
But the Alien alien was detailed to the smallest tube, while in Aliens they were spandex and plastic bits colored brown.

Just the stunt suits. The others were detailed.

Lee Yutani

Lee Yutani

Flying vaginas.  Can I coin the term nut sac on wheels instead?  8)

WarMachine

WarMachine

The facehugger now looks completely like a hand. Not the facehugger from the old movies. Why is that such a hard design to stick to? Chestburster is better than I expected, the one from AVP was horrible, not even blood on it (not that that had anything to do with the design)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^It's hard to say 100% yet, but from the details we have so far, the chestburster seems to be from the same molds as AvP.  If there's any variation, it's pretty minor.

Quote from: Lee Yutani on Oct 18, 2007, 11:56:44 PM
Can I coin the term nut sac on wheels instead?
Sorry, already taken.  That was what they called "The Fast and the Furious" when they released it in Thailand. ;)

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 18, 2007, 11:34:18 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 18, 2007, 10:58:26 PM

Just the stunt suits. The others were detailed.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/xenomorphine/alien_4.jpg

I would just like to take note.  Look at the tubes on the back of this alien.  Very authentic.  Traditional curvature, complete with biomechanoid appearance.  Is it just me or do the "tubes" coming out of the aliens in AVP-R look like broomsticks.  I hate to be too much of a stickler but come on.  These are the details that make the alien what it is.  I deeply respect the Stauase brothers for bringing the franchise back to where it needs to be but let's take it the distance.  If it's a budget issue then I understand but if not then, well, hmmmmm.  From watching the trailers it is clear that these guys are really tuned in to the essence if the alien concept so why the breach of detail? 

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 19, 2007, 07:49:40 AM
Is it just me or do the "tubes" coming out of the aliens in AVP-R look like broomsticks.

It's just you. 

They actually look more like long turds.  They even narrow at the end just like it's been pinched off.  ;)

A:R and AvP had the same deal going, and I don't particularly like seeing them back yet again.  We're stuck with 'em.  :(

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 19, 2007, 10:45:18 AM
[...] They even narrow at the end just like it's been pinched off.  ;)

:D

First things first: WHERE'S YOUR SH!TTER!? I've got a turtle-head poking out!
                                                                                               ~Fat Bastard

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote...That's exactly what the Aliens Aliens were.
Thats not true, there were changes, the hands for example.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

i don't know about you guys, but this pic from the Neca Alien looks great to me!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed