Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 03, 2015, 06:24:49 PM

Author
Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai (Read 49,701 times)

RidgeTop

Alien area, with the Weyland Yutani logos covered in blue tarp. Looks like the large structure in back there is planned to be the main coaster/dark ride.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Some new updates...

Looks like a suspended coaster:

You can get a good view of the Alien area (Not seeing any Predator or AVP elements) in this video:

I count four rides in the zone, the main one likely being the large building with the orange track going into it.

Still, who knows how this will all end up considering the massive lawsuit.

Though the park remains under construction, the gift shop is open, here are some shots of the Alien and Predator merchandise.

Samhain13

Voodoo Magic

RidgeTop

Apparently the lawsuit regarding the park has been settled...

"As part of the deal, Genting Malaysia said a new memorandum of agreement grants it "a license to use certain Fox intellectual properties" for the park, though which ones were not specified. It is updating plans to "complete the outdoor theme park utilising both Fox and non Fox intellectual properties," it said. The outdoor theme park also is getting a new name."

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fox-world-malaysia-theme-park-settlement-legal-1202654605/?fbclid=IwAR1at-mMwtuSUXDUHrPkaugNqnN-dfKojDFeNVXFPvd8vBpXsswfQ4ATUhE

I'm glad a resolution was found that allows for Genting to use some of the Fox properties they were planning to. Given some of the recent construction updates, my guess is the Alien franchise will remain as part of the park.

Corporal Hicks

Glad to hear it's resolved! I'm still hoping for some none coaster Alien themed stuff though.  :D

RidgeTop

Yeah, Alien works much better in a dark ride format than a coaster one I think. Hopefully the indoor segment will include some animatronics.

Corporal Hicks

Seems like a good place to have the Alien: Descent as a permanent feature.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

This could be the interior track layout and ride system for the Aliens coaster. (if that's still what it is)

RidgeTop

Some new BTS material for the attractions:

Spoilers if any of you are planning to go to Malaysia for this.

https://vimeo.com/477361801

https://vimeo.com/383231973

Darkness

Some very nice research here, RidgeTop. I didn't realise they were still doing this.

Voodoo Magic

Nice one RT!

Kailem

Nice find! That second video looks especially cool. Looks like it must be pretty far along! And I like the name too, as you say very reminiscent of The ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter.

I highly doubt I'll ever get to go on it myself, but it's cool that one day it looks like it's actually going to exist! :laugh:

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Thanks guys!

Here's a recent flyover of the mostly completed park:

Also, looks like as I suspected that coaster was or is the AVP attraction:

You better believe I'll be going.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed