Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM

Author
Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis (Read 57,323 times)

whiterabbit

The derelict type ship crashes up right and starts a rolling down hill... now all that's left is to cue up the Indiana Jones Theme!

Mustangjeff

Has anyone been able to analyze the dialogue in the beginning on the trailer?

The very first thing I think I hear is something like "You don't have to stop"

Then, "He is coming, he is coming"

Then something else like maybe "He is leaving"

Then the more obvious "I was so wrong, it/we were so wrong"

and finally "I'm so sorry"

Any other opinions?  I'm very curious about the part in the very beginning.

whiterabbit

I thought the first part sounded like, "tell them to stop".

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

I think the first part goes like this..

"You dont have to stop"

"We're leaving"???   Not sure about that one.

"I was wrong..it was so wrong...and I'm so sorry."

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Some Mothers Do Have Em! on Dec 30, 2011, 01:07:20 AM
There are 4 more sentences before the second was so wrong part. Does sound like he/it's coming and something about stopping.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

I think the first part goes like this.. then

"You dont have to stop"

"He's coming" *that bit echoes I think.

"We're leaving"   

whiterabbit

I think the first one is "you don't understand"

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

IMO it sounds like a womans voice talking seductively. Maybe around the sex scene time. Perhaps it's the robot getting urged into his first root by whoever it is talking.

Deuterium

Quote from: Some Mothers Do Have Em! on Dec 30, 2011, 01:37:07 AM
IMO it sounds like a womans voice talking seductively. Maybe around the sex scene time. Perhaps it's the robot getting urged into his first root by whoever it is talking.

WTF??

Now everyone's ears are playing tricks on them....exactly the same as when the first unoffical bootleg trailer first hit!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

hahahaha. :D
You're right...don't know what the hell I was hearing there. ???
Having now heard it without the kids running around me...it sounds like someone hailing somone over the radio. But I am not sure the first bit we hear is part of the actual call.

"You don't understand" or "You don't have to stop" Still not sure here???

"Prometheus, Prometheus, Prometheus" 

"I was wrong, it was so wrong, and I'm so sorry"

IMO What we are hearing is a call from, Shaw, back to the Prometheus. The beginning of the transmission is just distorted a little so the first two Prometheus don't come across they are cut short and are quite faint.
Don't think there is anything about coming or leaving though.

MrSpaceJockey

I'm too lazy to listen for myself, but I've heard others say they heard, "Come in Prometheus...C-m-n-Prom-eus...I was wrong, it was so wrong....I'm so sorry."

Xenomorphine

Seductively?!

And... Who said there's a consensual sex scene?

If anything, Ridley Scott once said that sex scenes are boring unless you're personally involved. He's right.

AnthonyWC70788

I put the trailer through my stereo system at home and rewinded it over and over on one of the loudest possible setting I could get it on without to much background noise, it says this....

What sounds like Shaw....

You have got to stop...
**gargle** prometh.. prometheu...
I was wr.. wrong.. it was so wrong....
**deep breathing over and over**
I'm so sorry....

And then the music cues up.
Honestly with the volume set up it sounds creep as hell. I mean I was actually getting goose bumps lol..

Also, someone needs to seriously analyze the blips of video at the end of the trailer. There is definitely images there just way to fast for me to do anything with.... Anthony

Highland

Strange, I wonder if the transmission is at the start - when the ship leaves for the mission, or the end, if the group get's split for some reason?

If it's at the end then there would have to be a base and a ship on the Alien planet. Either that or the Magallen and the Prometheus get split up.

whiterabbit

The ship we see seems way too small for intergalactic travel. It also seems to be able to land on ground just fine. So why would they even need the Magellan? The UFO we see in the trailer could in fact be Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed