Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM

Author
Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis (Read 58,121 times)

whiterabbit

I always thought the premise of the space jockey's was that they were seriously twisted aliens because they got so advanced that there was nothing left to do but f**k things.

???

Valaquen

Quote from: bobcunk on Dec 29, 2011, 03:42:49 AM
it never said anything, they could have made them.
According to O'Bannon, no, they didn't at all. The Aliens were a separate natural race and the Jockeys found the aftermath of some apocalyptic event, whereupon they were exposed to Alien spore that impregnated them. O'Bannon: 'See, these alien beings had two sexes of their own, but they needed a third host animal to reproduce. So they'd bring in an animal, put it up on the plinth there with a spore and wham! Then they'd lead the inseminated animal off to an enclosure somewhere to await the birth. But the planetoid was now dead and this civilisation had been gone for a million years. All that remained of it was this pyramid and the spores – which can survive dormant for incredible lengths of time under even the most adverse conditions.'

Ron Cobb: 'At some point a cataclysm causes the extermination of the adults of this unique race, leaving no one to tend and nurture the young.' <-- this is the world that the Jockeys and later the human crew stumble upon.

The Jockeys last act is to send out a warning beacon, which the crew of the Snark [later Nostromo] find, and the story continues as we know it. Only after the movie was released did anyone say anything about the Jockeys creating the Alien. O'Bannon again: 'In the original script the men find a crashed derelict spacecraft and they enter it; they discover that the alien crew are all dead. They return to their own ship to contemplate what may have killed the alien crew and then they discover a pyramid on the planet which appears to be indigenous and primitive. They enter the pyramid and there they find the eggs.'

http://alienseries.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafting-perfect-organism-ii-egg-to.html

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 03:44:01 AM
I always thought the premise of the space jockey's was that they were seriously twisted aliens because they got so advanced that there was nothing left to do but f**k things.

???
Nah!  :laugh:

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 29, 2011, 03:38:39 AM
The SJ's weren't behind the Alien in the original story, they merely stumbled upon them accidentally.
Yeah when the story was still called starbeast, and originally the derilict had crashed into a pryramid that was used to house the eggs and creatures ( originally had 2 sexes ) that are used as a godlike being , then scott and obannon changed it slightly due to the budget issues ( the reason why the derilict scene is not 45mins- an hour long)

Nah your rightvalequeen, the sjs have never had anything to do with the xeno's lol

Valaquen

Where did you hear that the Derelict crashed into the pyramid? Because in the original script they are two very different structures that are sat apart. The crew are only made aware of the pyramid's existence because a dying Jockey craved the shape of it into a console.
The Alien had three sexes, in O'Bannon's idea.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 29, 2011, 04:05:20 AM
Where did you hear that the Derelict crashed into the pyramid? Because in the original script they are two very different structures that are sat apart. The crew are only made aware of the pyramid's existence because a dying Jockey craved the shape of it into a console.
The Alien had three sexes, in O'Bannon's idea.
The triangle that the sj carved into his console is what leads to further exploration of the craft, which leads them further down.

Valaquen

I know. Essentially, you're paraphrasing whatever I'm saying. I still don't understand what any of your points or arguments were.

whiterabbit

I much prefer the natural evolution of the alien species. The bioweapon idea isn't as sexy. Almost doesn't make it alien in a sense but it does make it more sci-fi I suppose.

Valaquen

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 04:24:43 AM
I much prefer the natural evolution of the alien species. The bioweapon idea isn't as sexy. Almost doesn't make it alien in a sense but it does make it more sci-fi I suppose.
Including the original idea that the Alien 'becomes more and more harmless. Finally, its bloodlust gone, the Alien becomes a mild, intelligent creature, capable of art and architecture, which lives a full, scholarly life of 200 years,':laugh:

I think the bioweapon idea is good, it's quite a heinous weapon.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 29, 2011, 04:26:12 AM
Including the original idea that the Alien 'becomes more and more harmless. Finally, its bloodlust gone, the Alien becomes a mild, intelligent creature, capable of art and architecture, which lives a full, scholarly life of 200 years,':laugh:

Bioweapons are too much a creationist philosophy imo. An alien should be, well, alien. Left to develop into it's own existence. Being bread through experiments for war... that just makes it another lab monster gone bad; complete with delayed explosive(chestbuster) timer.

I don't really care for the 2 inch insect idea either but I am interested in the idea that the alien wasn't the apex being on it's home world either. Not even close which is why Ash admired it's purity as a survivor. As in the alien had no choice but to be so very savage to just make it to next week. :P

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 29, 2011, 04:26:12 AM

The original idea was that it only has a 4 day lifespan
And i dont have any points to prove, just sharing information to try and help clear a very murky picture......it was you that started to argue with me my dear........and please dont paraphrase anything i just said lol :)

SM

SM

The short lifespan wasn't the original idea.  As Valaquen said, they were supposed to live a couple of centuries.  The short lifespan came later on.

whiterabbit

The short lifespan is a convoluted idea. That would make the alien no better than "the happening" lol.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 05:43:17 AM
The short lifespan is a convoluted idea. That would make the alien no better than "the happening" lol.
Convulated? Yeah like a butterfly

whiterabbit

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 29, 2011, 05:54:39 AM
Exactly. All the nostromo crew needed to do was to chill out and wait for it to die all by itself. Instead of hunting the thing down which pretty much got themselves all killed.

Holy shit maybe Ash was trying to protect the crew all along...  :o

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 06:09:00 AM
Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 29, 2011, 05:54:39 AM
Exactly. All the nostromo crew needed to do was to chill out and wait for it to die all by itself. Instead of hunting the thing down which pretty much got themselves all killed.

Holy shit maybe Ash was trying to protect the crew all along...  :o
I dont think the crew had a handbook on alien species, if they didnot go looking for it, it would have gotten them as it has a big need to breed, it wasnt searching in airvents that got bret ,lambert and parker killed was it? It seeked them out i thought???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed