USCSSS Nostromo - Alien - The Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 15, 2018, 02:13:30 PM

Author
USCSSS Nostromo - Alien - The Board Game (Read 37,434 times)

FenGiddel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 10, 2018, 12:53:10 PM
Looks like this is still happening. Someone on one of the wargaming Facebook groups shared that he'd been playtesting the game and it was due to be demoed at an upcoming gaming event in London.

https://imgur.com/a/Z8scKdP
I like the artwork!

Mr. Clemens

I'm pretty jazzed for this. That said, I wish they'd consult the script/novel to get their terminology right. "Kitchen"? Everybody knows it's the mess hall! "3rd Officer"? Technically true, but it's common knowledge that she's the Warrant Officer! It's not that hard to do a little research.

Still want it, though...

SiL

Hypersleep chamber, etc.

SM

QuoteEverybody knows it's the mess hall!

Galley.

SiL

I think the board is still referring to the mess, though.

Corporal Hicks

I also think it's translated from French so probably something lost there.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SM on Sep 11, 2018, 06:27:18 AM
QuoteEverybody knows it's the mess hall!

Galley.

Not in the novel. Anybody got time to check the script?

SiL

The kitchen on a ship is called the galley, and is called such in the script. The place they sit around the table and eat and plan is the mess.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2018, 09:04:18 PM
The kitchen on a ship is called the galley, and is called such in the script. The place they sit around the table and eat and plan is the mess.

Ah, so the galley was that one little corner where food prep is actually done, and the mess is the rest of that room. Is that right?

SiL

That's it.

Mr. Clemens

Then I definitely still think that room on the map board should be called the mess.  :D

SiL

I agree with you :P

Corporal Hicks

Supposed due out this year. Been talking to them on email but got no solid date yet. They said by the 40th anniversary which for France was September.

Also, some marketing.

Mr. Clemens

You know, I'd forgotten this was coming. I might not have pre-ordered the RPG (which I'll probably never play) if I'd remembered.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Had you already pre-ordered this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed