Alien 5 Probably Not Happening Unless Covenant Succeeds

Started by PRJ_since1990, Jan 27, 2017, 12:37:28 AM

Author
Alien 5 Probably Not Happening Unless Covenant Succeeds (Read 7,027 times)

PRJ_since1990

For any that missed it, I made a video discussing my thoughts regarding Alien 5/Neill Blomkamp's untitled Alien movie. Here it is, let me know what you think and drop a like if you enjoy!

Will Alien 5 get the go-ahead from FOX pending Prometheus sequels or is it doomed to concept art only? Share your thoughts!

D. Compton Ambrose

Probably not Neill's film as he intended it, but they will never stop making Alien films. Like they will never stop making Star Wars or Halo games. Hopefully whatever comes out after Covenant does indeed give Ellen Ripley a proper ending (and if they bring back Newt, be sneaky about it, fool the audience into thinking it is not really her until the very end).

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jan 30, 2017, 11:59:07 PM
Probably not Neill's film as he intended it, but they will never stop making Alien films. Like they will never stop making Star Wars or Halo games. Hopefully whatever comes out after Covenant does indeed give Ellen Ripley a proper ending (and if they bring back Newt, be sneaky about it, fool the audience into thinking it is not really her until the very end).
Agreed. Keep milking the cash cow, even if you alienate some of the core fans or original fans, if it makes money, do it. At least that's their mindset.

Corporal Hicks

I'd been of the opinion that 3.2's chances depend greatly on Covenant's success. I couldn't fault Fox for wanting to see how well Covenant does before sinking more cash in an Alien film. That said, I'm not convinced it'll matter anymore. I think all the stars are now out of alignment and Weaver and Blomkamp are moving on.

N-Shifter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 13, 2017, 07:37:39 PM
I think all the stars are now out of alignment and Weaver and Blomkamp are moving on.

:'(

This saddens me, one last Sigourney led Alien movie with the actual Ripley would have been amazing.

BishopShouldGo

I really do think they'll swing back around to it after Ridley's trilogy. Sigourney doesn't age, and even if she does look older and will be 70-72, who cares. She isn't going to be wrestling dudes in suits.

HuDaFuK

I can't decide if Covenant's performance will affect the film's chances or not.

On the one hand, if it's a huge success, there's a good chance they'll want to stick with Ridley and focus on his series.

On the other, if it doesn't do well, maybe they'll decide to take a chance on Blomkamp and go in a different direction.

Having said that, it's success could just as well fuel Blomliens.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2017, 10:33:27 AM
I can't decide if Covenant's performance will affect the film's chances or not.

On the one hand, if it's a huge success, there's a good chance they'll want to stick with Ridley and focus on his series.

On the other, if it doesn't do well, maybe they'll decide to take a chance on Blomkamp and go in a different direction.

Having said that, it's success could just as well fuel Blomliens.

But, don't you think it would be more likely that they'll do "Blomliens" BEFORE Ridley's series, and THEN do Ridley's IF Alien: Covenant is a success, as opposed to a failure?

Nyarlathotep

They better not, "Blomliens" should stay in the garbage can where it belongs.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Feb 15, 2017, 08:35:37 PMBut, don't you think it would be more likely that they'll do "Blomliens" BEFORE Ridley's series, and THEN do Ridley's IF Alien: Covenant is a success, as opposed to a failure?

Maybe, but likewise I think there's a good chance that if Covenant is a success, they'll want a sequel far sooner than the five years it's taken to get the follow-up to Prometheus.

I certainly don't think the studio would force Ridley to wait on account of Blomkamp if Covenant does do really well.

windebieste

If Blomkamp's script is as good as everyone who has seen it says it is, then it may yet be re-purposed to possibly end up being used as a basis for a sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant' but with characters appropriate to the earlier timeline.   

-Windebieste.

salomonj

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 15, 2017, 10:13:39 PM
If Blomkamp's script is as good as everyone who has seen it says it is, then it may yet be re-purposed to possibly end up being used as a basis for a sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant' but with characters appropriate to the earlier timeline.   

-Windebieste.
The script got good reception?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: salomonj on Feb 16, 2017, 02:55:20 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Feb 15, 2017, 10:13:39 PM

-Windebieste.
The script got good reception?

Blomkamp's script was praised by Sigourney Weaver, Ridley Scott and James Cameron.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 15, 2017, 09:02:45 PM

F@CK Blomliens, and F@CK garbage cans.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 16, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 15, 2017, 09:02:45 PM

F@CK Blomliens, and F@CK garbage cans.
What did garbage cans ever do to you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed