Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics (Read 66,549 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Pn2501 on Aug 03, 2011, 01:31:21 AM
are there really going to be space jockeys in this film?

Welll... ;D

And comeon, this set in the same franchise as Alien. It's been confirmed by the writer and you know, what with it revolving around Space Jockey technology and etc...Predxeno it is an Alien film.

Valaquen

I suppose the urn containers are the precursor to the biomechanical eggs/Alien as we know it. Perhaps by the end of the film we'll truly see an egg, but for now the urns contain spore that are unable to track down their own hosts [ala facehugger]. We'll see, I suppose. In a year's time  :o

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: prometheUSA on Aug 03, 2011, 04:05:41 AM
yeah, the way I see a part of the story based on tidbits and confirmations from producers, directors, actors, and from the leaked images is that whatever is in the urn (good chance being that green stuff) is what helps create life. The Space Jockeys terraformed Earth and planted the seeds (green goo) for starting human life.

Fast forward millions or billions of years. The human crew steal an urn (possibly related to the first official promo shot), the Space Jockey(s) gets pissed off, they unleash xenomorphs on the human crew (the xenomorphs are from an unknown host, definitely not human... hence all this broohaha about "Alien DNA").

I don't like the theory of David somehow playing a part in creating the xenomorphs by some DNA transfusion with the green goo. It's too deliberate, kind of like the Star Wars prequels. 

Great contrast of the urn and the egg. Urn = giver of life, Egg = destoyer of life, both of which belonging to the Space Jockeys (god)

sounds good to me!

Real Scooby

Are these "urns" confirmed movie props ? First thought that got into my head when i saw that pic, these could just be some placeholders for later included CGI-eggs

robbritton

Quote from: Jenga on Aug 03, 2011, 02:11:48 AM
Quote from: Josh.A on Aug 03, 2011, 01:35:07 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2011, 10:40:06 PM
It's these urns that have me interesting. Why that particular look? What exactly is in there? Why arranged like the alien eggs?

What if it is like a giant seed bank of all the life in the universe?

wait...okay this is a crazy idea but.....what if those urns are essentially the human seeding portion of the ship. They're in the same kind of room, arranged like the eggs were but they are not eggs....what's more they're surrounding a giant effegy of a human.

What if the chamber explored in Alien is simply the "alien" room. There could be a giant 3 headed elephant room too...the point is Ridley obviously loves the idea of the space jockey seeding planets. He even refers to the spacejockey as a bomber in one of the audio commentaries (I believe on the quadiliogy)

Just sayin

I really like that as an idea! Here's hoping!

Master

Master

I`d say that this have to be related to prometheus myth. There must be motive of stealing god`s tool and punishment for doing so. I`d say urns are the fire and aliens are the punishment.

Berserker Pred

Those Urns are very curious. I'm extremely excited for this film!

MarcusVerus

The surface of these urns looks strange. Is dirt lying on top of them or something different?

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Master on Aug 03, 2011, 09:23:05 AM
I`d say that this have to be related to prometheus myth. There must be motive of stealing god`s tool and punishment for doing so. I`d say urns are the fire and aliens are the punishment.

This...this x 100.
It's not random that the first OFFICIAL pic from this film is the heist in progress... ;D

Darkness

Good work on finding the images.

I am kinda disappointed they're not actual eggs. At least not organic in nature. I reckon it's some kind of experiment and the Alien eggs evolved from them originally.

Terx2

Terx2

These Urns ask more questions. Maybe the space jockeys use the urns to store DNA of extinct animals and uses there technology to bring them back. (Sort of a jar containing DNA as a sack that protects the creature till it breaks free) Or maybe they contain ashes of other space jockeys? Just saying :-\.

bobby brown

probably contain predator young,

wmmvrrvrrmm

Those walls are interesting.

Glaive

Glaive

Why does everyone on these boards seem to take Ridley talking about DNA literally as opposed to figuratively?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master on Aug 03, 2011, 09:23:05 AM
What if Aliens are both? Humans steal the fire, but it is the fire itself that is their punishment. That'd be a nice twist to the Prometheus myth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed