Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics (Read 67,468 times)

predxeno

The answer to that is as unknown as whether or not this film is part of the Alien franchise.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I get skepticism, truly. I'm a skeptic myself. I'd share your skepticism if ALIEN wasn't written all over every image, every plot leak we've seen. The official info we've received backs up the fact that this film takes place in the ALIEN universe. There doesn't seem like there's much room for doubt.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2011, 10:40:06 PM
It's these urns that have me interesting. Why that particular look? What exactly is in there? Why arranged like the alien eggs?

What if it is like a giant seed bank of all the life in the universe?

biosynth

biosynth

to quote Damon Lindelof:

QuoteSo a true prequel should essentially proceed the events of the original film, but be about something entirely different, feature different characters , have an entirely different theme, although it takes place in that same world. That was my fundamental feeling about what this movie wanted to be.

QuoteBut I also do feel that this movie is the movie I would want to see as a fanboy, take place in that Alien universe, which precedes the events of the original Alien, but is not necessarily burdened by all the tropes of that franchise

-Damon Lindelof

http://www.movieline.com/2011/06/epic-damon-lindelof-interview-chronicles-his-prometheus-journey-with-ridley-scott.php

Same universe. Now that we got that out of the way...

ThisBethesdaSea

PredX that last remark is blatant denialism. It's beyond being a skeptic. ignore.

Jenga

Jenga

Quote from: Josh.A on Aug 03, 2011, 01:35:07 AM
It's these urns that have me interesting. Why that particular look? What exactly is in there? Why arranged like the alien eggs?

wait...okay this is a crazy idea but.....what if those urns are essentially the human seeding portion of the ship. They're in the same kind of room, arranged like the eggs were but they are not eggs....what's more they're surrounding a giant effegy of a human.

What if the chamber explored in Alien is simply the "alien" room. There could be a giant 3 headed elephant room too...the point is Ridley obviously loves the idea of the space jockey seeding planets. He even refers to the spacejockey as a bomber in one of the audio commentaries (I believe on the quadiliogy)

Just sayin

Jenga

Jenga

...this would also be the only way a human head would even make a little bit of sense in what looks like a space jockey ship.

RoaryUK

Quote from: biosynth on Aug 03, 2011, 01:40:55 AM
to quote Damon Lindelof:

QuoteSo a true prequel should essentially proceed the events of the original film, but be about something entirely different, feature different characters , have an entirely different theme, although it takes place in that same world. That was my fundamental feeling about what this movie wanted to be.

That's like suggesting Prometheus IS a prequel, since the new film does all of the above. Kind of makes me wonder, does Lindelof even know what he's talking about!

QuoteBut I also do feel that this movie is the movie I would want to see as a fanboy, take place in that Alien universe, which precedes the events of the original Alien, but is not necessarily burdened by all the tropes of that franchise

When anyone in this field mentions the word "fanboy" it gives me terrible memories of the Strauss Bros, thank goodness Sir Ridles is in charge here.

http://www.movieline.com/2011/06/epic-damon-lindelof-interview-chronicles-his-prometheus-journey-with-ridley-scott.php

ThisBethesdaSea

Roary.....that's exactly what Lindelof was saying....Prometheus is a true prequel in his eyes, taking place in the same universe but following a different narrative the previously established. I don't understand why this isn't clear to you?

There are two kinds of fanboy.

1. The Unaware Fanboy : it doesn't matter what it is, if it's related to his favorite film he's there. It could be the dumbest story ever written, but he or she doesn't care, anything they can do to add another dimension to their favorite film/book/comic/tv show, they'll lap it up. This kind of fanboy has very little discernment, any shlock thrown their way they're there, front row every time.

2. The Discerning Fanboy : committed to the integrity of the story presented, hopes that any furthering of the original keeps the same scope and integrity. The discerning fanboy defends to the last the original tale, the way it's told and how it can be developed to keep the essence true to it's core.

I believe based on his I interviews, Damon Lindelof is The Discerning Fanboy.

biosynth

biosynth

In that interview, Lindelof says the Alien Prequel script he read was really impressive and that his being hired wasn't a band-aid (thank god), but instead Ridley not wanting to rehash old territory, and that a lot of scenes from the earlier 'Alien prequel' script were left intact. 

What I find is interesting is Lindelof's emphasis on this movie having a 'disturbing' element to it with horror like that found in Stephen King's book "The Shining".  So where 'Alien' was 'Jaws... in space', Prometheus will be 'The Shining... in space'.  OK, I might be going overboard there.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Jenga on Aug 03, 2011, 02:11:48 AM
Quote from: Josh.A on Aug 03, 2011, 01:35:07 AM

wait...okay this is a crazy idea but.....what if those urns are essentially the human seeding portion of the ship. They're in the same kind of room, arranged like the eggs were but they are not eggs....what's more they're surrounding a giant effegy of a human.

What if the chamber explored in Alien is simply the "alien" room. There could be a giant 3 headed elephant room too...the point is Ridley obviously loves the idea of the space jockey seeding planets. He even refers to the spacejockey as a bomber in one of the audio commentaries (I believe on the quadiliogy)

Just sayin

That is a DAMN good point and it makes the most sense of anything I've seen so far.

Good call dude.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

yeah, the way I see a part of the story based on tidbits and confirmations from producers, directors, actors, and from the leaked images is that whatever is in the urn (good chance being that green stuff) is what helps create life. The Space Jockeys terraformed Earth and planted the seeds (green goo) for starting human life.

Fast forward millions or billions of years. The human crew steal an urn (possibly related to the first official promo shot), the Space Jockey(s) gets pissed off, they unleash xenomorphs on the human crew (the xenomorphs are from an unknown host, definitely not human... hence all this broohaha about "Alien DNA").

I don't like the theory of David somehow playing a part in creating the xenomorphs by some DNA transfusion with the green goo. It's too deliberate, kind of like the Star Wars prequels. 

Great contrast of the urn and the egg. Urn = giver of life, Egg = destoyer of life, both of which belonging to the Space Jockeys (god)

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

I agree. Works for me, Jenga.

Vemados

Ahh.... I like that.

Ballzanya

So apparently those urns are from a space jockey funeral pyramid, temple or ship I take it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed