AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 357,094 times)

Fitzley

Fitzley

I would oppose it and you assume that everybody hates the third movie...they don't. It was a fitting end to Ripley and not everyone wanted to see Cameron's Ripley/Hicks/Newt family story and Aliens part 2.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Well, I don't know if you guys have seen Sunshine, but I believe the budget for that one was 40 million, ...AVP1 had a 60 million budget, and I know AVPR had a lower budget arond 40 I believe.
so I really think it can be done, they just need to convince Fox to do it!

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Quote from: Fitzley on Aug 29, 2007, 10:14:09 PM
I would oppose it and you assume that everybody hates the third movie...they don't. It was a fitting end to Ripley and not everyone wanted to see Cameron's Ripley/Hicks/Newt family story and Aliens part 2.

I dont think it would have become a Aliens Part 2 if Cameron would have made it. What he did so great with aliens was that he added new elements to the story, Queen, military etc. Im sure he would have done the same thing with Alien 3 if he had made it. :)

Instead we got Alien 1 again with a unfinished script, i think the movie is fine. Its scary and the Alien looks great. But i think they could have made a much more unique film.

Sigourney Weaver wanted the character to die anyway, but would it been better if she died somewhere else then on a prison planet. What if? It was on the Alien homeworld, she dies at the end sacrificing herself while killing the aliens preventing them to get in the hands of WY-corp or something. It would be heroic and tragic. Much more satisfying, to me atleast.:)

I thought it was pretty boring to kill Hicks and Newt at the start of the film also. The sequel comic book is much better, with Hicks becoming like a war veteran in a future city.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

No director, directors have ever come back to do a sequel in the alien or predator franchises. If AVP-R turns out to be a great movie i wouldnt mind the bros coming back. But then again each movie has a different tone to it which is what makes the francises go great. Either way AVP3 must be set in space.   

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ola Paulakoski on Aug 29, 2007, 10:23:20 PM
I dont think it would have become a Aliens Part 2 if Cameron would have made it. What he did so great with aliens was that he added new elements to the story, Queen, military etc. Im sure he would have done the same thing with Alien 3 if he had made it. :)
Yet Alien3 did new things ... and people bitch about it. It's nothing like alien outside the fact it's one Alien and unarmed humans - Is that all people think when they think about the two movies? Does nothing else factor in, or does everyone get so caught up on the fact there aren't as many Aliens or guns?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2007, 10:31:28 PM
Yet Alien3 did new things ... and people bitch about it. It's nothing like alien outside the fact it's one Alien and unarmed humans - Is that all people think when they think about the two movies? Does nothing else factor in, or does everyone get so caught up on the fact there aren't as many Aliens or guns?

When I think of the two movies I see how one story ended and another one began. I don't hold anything against A3, never did. I always loved it to be honest, even the theatrical cut of the movie works good.

I'm glad they didn't have guns because it made the stakes much higher. The whole thing played out like it should have. It was supposed the end of that series and I wish it still were.

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2007, 10:31:28 PM

Ill be honest, i would love to see more guns and more aliens! :)

But i also mean that the possibilities were for other new stuff.. endless. Alien 3 just feels a little uncreative on the sci fi side, in a science fiction its also fun to theorise about future technology.  For example like the powerloader in Aliens and cryo sleep in alien, and of course all the military technology. ;)

Alien 3 has none of that, just people running around corridors. Its just a monstermovie, but not the sci fi. Which makes the 2 first films better and more fun and it was something to talk about and not just about the aliens.

The same thing with the story, they could have tried to explain where the aliens come from and the space jockey. I know they talked about it on the quad dvds.:) I hope they do it someday, would have been nicer if it was in the past, before Ripley killed herself.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Ola Paulakoski on Aug 29, 2007, 08:33:59 PM
A space setting might work for an alien vs predator budget, even if you the same budget as an avp movie.

You don´t need to be in space all the time you can set it in a colony, shoot it on different locations on earth.:) You could use a similar story as requiem, a pred-ship loaded with aliens crashlands outside a colony. The rest of the movie takes place on the planet, then maybe the last 3-4 minutes in space again. Its basically the same thing, maybe you need to create some cool sci fi gadgets and weapons for the colony and make some miniature stuff. They had miniature stuff in the first avp. Helicopter, the snow vehicles. Whaling station. The exterior pyramid!

Or just follow the comicbook, with Predators planting aliens on a planet to hunt. I would love to see that, not just for having it in space. But having it in the future, you can create alot of cool technology.

Co-signed! Alien, Aliens and Terminator's budget equaled the cost of Arnold's T2 trailer. They dont need 60 million to do it. It doesnt have to be a CG-fest to be good. I dont like alot of CG anyways. They can save alot of money by using miniatures and force perspective. Some CG will be needed for the Alien though.

QuoteBut i know Colin and Gregg are doing the best of the situation and i understand that fox is forcing the earth setting. I think the trailer for Requiem is awesome, the trailer alone is much better then the first film!

Actually, John Davis the Producer is the one thats been insisting the movies be set on Earth. The only reason he chose Anderson to direct AVP was becouse he was the only one out of 45 writers with a script set on Earth.

echobbase79

echobbase79

<Alien 3 just feels a little uncreative>

That's because they never had a damn script to work with. they were writing and rewriting that damn thing over and over again. They shoot scenes and then discard them. I don't think it was lack of being creative than just not being well prepared.

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2007, 10:49:26 PM
http://www.simplyscripts.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?search=alien+3&method=exact

Have fun.

Oh cool! Thanks. Il be back in a week then. Ha ha.:)

Have you read all of them?

SiL

SiL

Yes. And they're all shit, except for the shooting script.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Yet Alien3 did new things ... and people bitch about it.
[/quote]

Just like You do aganist AvPR!

predpant

predpant

well thats what every one wants, it in space, so hopefully it will be. and as for the strause's coming back to film avp3 one will have to judge when we watch avp-r :)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: csutkakoma on Aug 29, 2007, 10:58:59 PM
Just like You do aganist AvPR!
Do you hear me saying "Aliens is so awesome because it added new things but Alien3 is just a rehash, woe"? No. Totally different circumstance, bud.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed