Trailer is here! (HD downloads available)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 03:54:07 PM

What do you think of the trailer?

Love it.
50 (69.4%)
Pretty good.
13 (18.1%)
It's alright.
7 (9.7%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Horrible.
2 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Trailer is here! (HD downloads available) (Read 122,480 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 24, 2011, 08:03:42 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 24, 2011, 07:48:12 PM
Anyone notice the WEYLAND CORP writing in this behind the scenes shot:

Is this implying that the Weylan(d)-Yutani merger did not happen yet?
That's what Scott said back when it was still a full-blown Alien prequel.

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 24, 2011, 08:46:48 PM

Whoa I didn't know, or I think I forgot. Thanks for that :o

Valaquen

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 24, 2011, 08:48:05 PM

From an MTV interview: Weyland hasn't joined Yutani yet, so they go and see Weyland. [The film] is about the discussion of terraforming - taking planets and planetoids and balls of earth and trying to terraform, seed them with the possibilities of future life.

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 24, 2011, 08:51:10 PM
Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 24, 2011, 08:48:05 PM

From an MTV interview: Weyland hasn't joined Yutani yet, so they go and see Weyland. [The film] is about the discussion of terraforming - taking planets and planetoids and balls of earth and trying to terraform, seed them with the possibilities of future life.

Oh well, there goes Predator: Concrete Jungle.
In the game, the merger happened around 2030.

psychonaut25

Another collision with stupid AvP:R...there was Yutani allready involved with Yautja technology, so the merging with Weyland corp. was closer. Oh, how i hate that movie...

The Xenoborg

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 24, 2011, 09:38:30 PM
Another collision with stupid AvP:R...there was Yutani allready involved with Yautja technology, so the merging with Weyland corp. was closer. Oh, how i hate that movie...
Not really. Ms. Yutani would have used the PredTech to become a multi-billion-rich-thing corporation while Weyland Corp. was already one of the leading corporations.
The merger could have been possible anytime but not that early.

/ends discussion of AvP stuff.

psychonaut25

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 24, 2011, 09:42:40 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 24, 2011, 09:38:30 PM
Not really. Ms. Yutani would have used the PredTech to become a multi-billion-rich-thing corporation while Weyland Corp. was already one of the leading corporations.
The merger could have been possible anytime but not that early.

/ends discussion of AvP stuff.

then i want to see some of the stolen Yautja technology in Prometheus, as a product of merging with Weyland corp

The Xenoborg

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 24, 2011, 09:48:16 PM
then i want to see some of the stolen Yautja technology in Prometheus, as a product of merging with Weyland corp

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: r888 on Dec 24, 2011, 07:04:04 AM
f**kING AWESOME

:o :o :o :o :o

I don't want to see humans

I WANT TO SEE MORE OF SPACE f**kING JOCKEY

Please I want to see this guy not  humans

THIS GUY

http://www.martinocatalano.com/Space_Jockey__painted__head.jpg

Agree totally

The 1979 SJ is an absolutely brilliant and fiercely original creation

If that CGI looking big, bald, blue guy really is supposed to be the same SJ, or a member of the same race, but 'out of the suit', then its the laziest, lamest and most disappointing design/concept ever, with 'the big humanoid in a suit' being a cheap 'get out clause' for overcoming the difficulty of depicting a living, breathing, moving version of the original Giger masterpiece

Scree

Prometheus teaser talk over at Spill.com. I love these guys!  ;D

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/prometheus-teaser-talk

psychonaut25

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 24, 2011, 10:29:37 PM
f**kING AWESOME

THIS GUY

Agree totally

If that CGI looking big, bald, blue guy really is supposed to be the same SJ, or a member of the same race, but 'out of the suit', then its the laziest, lamest and most disappointing design/concept ever, with 'the big humanoid in a suit' being a cheap 'get out clause' for overcoming the difficulty of depicting a living, breathing, moving version of the original Giger masterpiece

I would not call it lazyness or lamest depiction...Look at the comic books , jockeys depicted there are he most retarded ideas ever. Sorry, I'm honest now. I don't like the idea of Jockeys being some elephant-like giants, that are permanently fused to chair, or have limited movement ability...That's what I call lame...

HMRUBICON

HMRUBICON

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 24, 2011, 10:29:37 PM
f**kING AWESOME

THIS GUY

Agree totally

I agree totally. It is lazy and cheap to make expensive movies and make the creatures look like a man. If that is indeed the jockey, that is very pathetic. >:( The trailer for the movie looks so great and to have the legendary jockeys just be a huge man would be very disappointing and possibly ruin the movie, which looks like has so much freaking potential. :(
Hopefully the film makers and powers that be are wiser than this. ;) ???

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 24, 2011, 11:55:38 AM
Why do people still come up with "has anyone seen the bald guy...?". 2nd day now after release of the trailer, it is HD quality...don't you think anyone checked each single frame? Just a few thousand people...this guy is an obvious thing, not a small detail.

Of course everyone has seen the bald guy!   >:( ::)    I was asking did it seem like to anyone else was he pushing a lever, as if causing the chair to come up out of the floor. Sorry I didn't clarify well enough for you.  ::)
It looked to me that his hand is pushing a lever and something below the hand is moving like a lever.  After watching 20 to 30 more times in large screen HD, no he isn't pushing a lever. :P

StrangeShape

The trailer was amazing even in that terribly low quality and its even more stunning in HD. Seeing that imagery I just cant imagine how amazing its gonna be to see Scott's Alienesque vision in 3D. This is gonna be a fascinating experience to all senses

psychonaut25

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 25, 2011, 04:16:59 AM
The trailer was amazing even in that terribly low quality and its even more stunning in HD. Seeing that imagery I just cant imagine how amazing its gonna be to see Scott's Alienesque vision in 3D. This is gonna be a fascinating experience to all senses

I rather see this movie without 3D, I want to see it in high resolution, rather in 3D.

MrsSpaceJockey

Very Intriguing,derelict looks amazing this is definitely cinema material...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed